I HAVE to Go to Disneyland, What Do I Do!

Thank your for the motivation, the sad part is that I REALLY do want to go! I've never been in tower of terror and I will never be on it again if I miss this. I guess it's better to keep my ears safe though...

Just saw this. If you really want to go as you put it then go! My opinion is probably not gonna be agreed with here, but I don't think Disneyland is what I'd call 'dangerously loud'. It's not in the realm of a rock concert for example. Ear plugs or muffs will protect you on that front. As far as your eustachian tubes go, why not try out a mid sized ride and see how you do? I don't think you will have any issues personally, but I'm in no place to say this for sure. If for arguments sake you do have an issue then just avoid all rides that are similar. There's plenty of other rides/stuff to do such as the simulator rides and stuff.

I'll add that I've been to two theme parks since I've had my new improved T (worse T, just to clarify) and didn't use anything. I'd never advise others to copy me here, but I just went and had a great time. If anything my T probably reduced. A lot of distraction and a lot of fun can never be a bad thing (y). Well not for me at least.

I'll add that I've been to two theme parks since I've had my new improved T and didn't use anything. I'd never advise others to copy me here, but I just went and had a great time. If anything my T probably reduced. A lot of distraction and a lot of fun can never be bad a bad thing (y). Well not for me at least.
Thanks, I do wanna be safe though and I heard big thrill rides like this can mess up my ears

I'll add that I've been to two theme parks since I've had T and didn't use anything. I'd never advise others to copy me here, but I just went and had a great time. If anything my T probably reduced. A lot of distraction and a lot of fun can never be bad a bad thing (y). Well not for me at least.

I've been to Thorpe Park a couple of times since T and had no problems.

Thanks, I do wanna be safe though and I heard big thrill rides like this can mess up my ears

You have a wise head on your shoulders and you're right to use caution. Use plugs or muffs and then try out the smaller rides first. Just take it easy. If any of the rides don't agree with you then you'll know what to avoid. It's highly unlikely that you'll cause yourself permanent damage in this way. You could always go and seek the advice of an ENT to check you out.

The thing about tower of terror is that although it will be a memory it might not be a good one, even if I do end up going on it, the whole time I will just be worried about my ears

The answer here is an easy one: don't go on it then! There's no point doing anything that causes this kind of anxiety. The whole point of the ride is to have fun; it kind of defeats the purpose if you hate the whole thing!

IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG

This is what it looks like in case you're wondering.

The answer here is an easy one: don't go on it then! There's no point doing anything that causes this kind of anxiety. The whole point of the ride is to have fun; it kind of defeats the purpose if you hate the whole thing!
Exactly, except I just asked my family and they said "you have no option, you HAVE to go on every ride with us"

Seems to me that they dont understand the seriousness of T. They should read this thread ;)

Anyway its good that you are going. Wear adequate protection and then this shouldnt cause an increase in T.

When are you going? Because if you drag your feet till after Jan 2, the tower of terror closes forever! Lol

But in the mean time, go! It's the happiest place on earth! I have been since I got tinnitus and didn't have an issue. I wore ear plugs on the rides but not throughout the park. Hope you have a blast and happy holidays!

The thing is the Tower Of Terror, that's suppose to be the highlight of the the trip because it gets Shut down forever soon... Would it be bad to go on that? If I have problems with ETD and pressure with my ears would a fast 200 feet rise and drop be bad? Idk if I want to risk it

You need to communicate to your family how bad tinnitus is, show them articles and studies. If they FORCE you to ride the tower it's akin to abuse.

It would be great if they could be understanding and supportive of you. Do you really want to be pressured to go on the ride, potentially increasing your tinnitus and developing resentment towards your family? Communicate with them dude, don't let them force you do something potentially hazardous to your health.

would a fast 200 feet rise and drop be bad?
A 200 foot drop is nothing in atmospheric terms. The ear generally doesn't begin to notice pressure/start popping until a change of 500ft. People have trouble when they can't equalize the pressure in their ears fast enough, but you'd need about a 10x greater pressure differential from 200ft in your ears to cause damage if you didn't equalize.* So even with your ETD, you're probably fine.

It's highly unlikely that the tower of terror will do anything to your ears, pressure wise. If anything, chew gum and make sure you get a fast pass.

*Napkin math.

The thing is the Tower Of Terror, that's suppose to be the highlight of the the trip because it gets Shut down forever soon... Would it be bad to go on that? If I have problems with ETD and pressure with my ears would a fast 200 feet rise and drop be bad? Idk if I want to risk it

I'd be seriously surprised if the tower of terror did anything to your ears. It did absolutely nothing to mine or anybody else's that I know. I think you are building it up in your mind, when in fact, it's not that bad at all. If anything, in this instance, I think reading this forum has caused you more harm than good. Wear some protection when it gets loud and go and have some fun.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's sad your family doesn't listen to you. Can't you find a way to explain your problem ?

Disneyland is one thing, but you'll face the same issue again and again, every time something loud is coming.

By the way, I went to Disneyland (the one in France though) last year, when my T and H were not bad. I had to wear plugs sometimes (certain rides, fireworks, etc), but it was mainly ok and it will remain a fantastic memory.

Alright well it was fun! We went on tower of terror 7 times and many other rides, I wore ear plugs on every ride... t doesn't seem much worse but a little spiked

As others have said: Ear plugs, Ear plugs, Ear Plugs. Whenever you are going into some place or venue that MAY be loud, just wear them and enjoy the shows

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now