• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Have Visited Nightclubs — No Spikes

You are so right. A week ago I talked to a guy I know who have T and still goes out, most of the times without earplugs. I asked him: But when you go home, your T must be louder? He said that it is always pretty loud, but he just doens't listen to it.

That night he used some earplugs at a party and he liked it, so I hope he will use them more :)
That's awesome. Really more people should use earplugs, not just those of us with tinnitus and hearing loss!

In the way you talk, it seems really likely that T will get worse if you continue to go out and stuff.

But I just don't understand how it is possible that there are sooo many people AND musicians who still go in loud places and seems fine (or are they not fine and just uesed to severe t?) Can you explain this? Cause I really think sometimes that there is also a psychological factor.

Psychological factors play a huge role in tinnitus. I also go to shows, concerts and events and use my ear plugs and never have any issues or my tinnitus don't feel worst. Anxiety and fear trigger or can trigger spikes. It all depends on the individual and what they can tolerate as well :)

Psychological factors play a huge role in tinnitus. I also go to shows, concerts and events and use my ear plugs and never have any issues or my tinnitus don't feel worst. Anxiety and fear trigger or can trigger spikes. It all depends on the individual and what they can tolerate as well :)

Well said fishbone. Some people do not realise it takes a lot of experience to know what their auditory system is capable of managing and you have it down to a fine art...
Michael

Well said fishbone. Some people do not realise it takes a lot of experience to know what their auditory system is capable of managing and you have it down to a fine art...
Michael

It takes quite a while, but we do learn things about ourselves and just how capable we are to kick obstacles in their tracks :)

It takes quite a while, but we do learn things about ourselves and just how capable we are to kick obstacles in their tracks :)

Indeed Fishbone. Another thing that many people do not realise, is that "noise induced" tinnitus which is the most common cause of this condition is different from other forms of tinnitus in the way "loud sounds" affect the inner ear and rest of the auditory system. It is different from tinnitus caused by an underlying medical problem associated with the inner ear and not caused by noise exposure.

Hope that makes sense. Typing on my tablet not my regular PC...lol

Indeed Fishbone. Another thing that many people do not realise, is that "noise induced" tinnitus which is the most common cause of this condition is different from other forms of tinnitus in the way "loud sounds" affect the inner ear and rest of the auditory system. It is different from tinnitus caused by an underlying medical problem associated with the inner ear which wasn't caused by noise exposure.

Tinnitus is general is a very complex matter. I initially got it from a very bad case of vertigo/fever/inner ear infection but a heavy metal rock concert cemented it permanently. It is a complex matter and hyperacusis is another layer that makes this ordeal even more hellish.

I truly believe that all can live with their tinnitus, it is never eay but with time, techniques,support - it can be done. Mine is permanent and very loud in both ears 24 7 and I still live my life and enjoy myself. I do juggle quite a few medical issues, but the hell with it....I still smile and enjoy myself. Having hyperacusis is what can make this ordeal more HELLISH and I do sympathise with those that have this issue.

I was blessed to have this issue resolved and now i'm just left with a pissed off/screaming tea kettle and a lawnmower sound in my head. Tinnitus does make life complex, but one can still live a quality life, even with it....

Tinnitus is general is a very complex matter. I initially got it from a very bad case of vertigo/fever/inner ear infection but a heavy metal rock concert cemented it permanently. It is a complex matter and hyperacusis is another layer that makes this ordeal even more hellish.

I truly believe that all can live with their tinnitus, it is never eay but with time, techniques,support - it can be done. Mine is permanent and very loud in both ears 24 7 and I still live my life and enjoy myself. I do juggle quite a few medical issues, but the hell with it....I still smile and enjoy myself. Having hyperacusis is what can make this ordeal more HELLISH and I do sympathise with those that have this issue.

I was blessed to have this issue resolved and now i'm just left with a pissed off/screaming tea kettle and a lawnmower sound in my head. Tinnitus does make life complex, but one can still live a quality life, even with it....

I agree fishbone. However, it has taken you 30 years to reach the stage you are at. Also, you do martial arts very disciplined. Tinnitus is a very complex condition that also involves people that we interact with which can make or break us to some extent. It can destroy a relationship when it is severe. Each person will experience the condition differently and this is mostly due to a person's emotional makeup and how they are able to deal with it.

Michael

I agree fishbone. However, it has taken you 30 years to reach the stage you are at. Also, you do martial arts very disciplined. Tinnitus is a very complexed condition that also involves people that we interact with which can make or break us to some extend. It can distroy relationship when it is severe. Each person will experience the condition differently and this is mostly due to a person's emotional makeup and how they are able to deal with it.

Michael

Absolutely! There is no denying it at all. I have had this issue since 1988 and it has taken me many years to mature to the matter and to life in general. I base everything on lessons that life can teach us. Based on what I been through (Pure Hell), I take my lessons and apply it to an obstacle and I have an idea on, how to deal with things.

We are all different, and I respect all that battle this ordeal on a daily basis. As i have said before, everyone on this forum is a champion and a lot stronger than they think :)

Absolutely! There is no denying it at all. I have had this issue since 1988 and it has taken me many years to mature to the matter and to life in general. I base everything on lessons that life can teach us. Based on what I been through (Pure Hell), I take my lessons and apply it to an obstacle and I have an idea on, how to deal with things.

We are all different, and I respect all that battle this ordeal on a daily basis. As i have said before, everyone on this forum is a champion and a lot stronger than they think :)

Exactly fishbone. I mean no disrespect to newbies or people that have had tinnitus for three years. If their tinnitus moderate to intrusive/severe at times, it takes a long while to get used to this. Many people contact me that have had tinnitus for less than a year and expect to habituate in a couple of months. They just don't realise habituation for some people can take upto to 2 years, which was the first time for me. and 4 years to habituate the second time. When tinnitus is severe it is not a walk in the park.

Michael

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now