• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

I don't think I'll be listening to the file on my Android phone anymore, it's too dangerous. I got a mean spike that I believe was caused by the phone adjusting volume itself, it was way too loud.

Going to buy a mp3 player specifically for this, one where you can adjust the volume precisely with. Until then I'll use my old as dirt iPod with a shot battery.

For those who would like to listen to on the PC, there's an program called Quiet On The Set, you can lock max volume with it and then you can't accidentally go higher than your limit.
Never had any problems with volume adjusting itself on the iPad since I used it for sound enrichment almost a year but good to know.

As for using it at night I think we could order a headband from this website and use the Koss speakers in it.

https://www.sleepphones.com/

If this works on 2 or more people from here then I'll give it a go.
We are up to 420 cured, you should try it.

testimony for ron 33.PNG

Unprotected ears, single gun shot, semi-enclosed space.

btw, in my above post, reference to "crackpot" - no offense intended. The author of the soundtrack seems genuine and earnest and may very well be brilliant. I was just acknowledging what I thought the broader population would think of a mysterious figure posting a random sound file out of nowhere claiming a cure to one of the most dastardly disabling aspects of human health. I sincerely appreciate anyone that takes the time to try and help others - to say the least.
I accept the apology, all I do is help people and I get called every name in the book, it's like people don't want help.

I tried it for two hours on regular ear buds, had no effect, using the SoundCloud link.

Will try today for a couple of hours on my Ultrasone headphones using the wav... why not :)
It can take 3 weeks for some, the longer you have had tinnitus the longer it takes.... You need to use Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones, not earbuds or it won't work.

I'm worse than even 3 days ago tinnitus wise. Think the hyperacusis gains I made seem to have stayed though but it's not better than yesterday.

I did something really dumb, I used an audio cable that cost less than a dollar to extend the headphones wire from my laptop.

Think it mattered. That and the blunder I could not foresee yesterday are the reasons of my current situation I guess.

One dumb thing a day keeps the tinnitus from going away. But it's been less than 2 days so I'm not drawing any conclusions.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm an audio engineer and the file just sounds horrible man, what is the science behind it and how did you even make it?

You need to use Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones
Why does he need only Koss headphones? Is this all about selling a particular brand of headsets? Why do you promote only this company?

What other brands would be acceptable to you were Koss not available? There must be others that work perfectly well.

@RaZaH You can't edit past 30 minutes here I think.

I still believe it worked fast, my ears were just trashed with too loud volume I believe.

It took a few minutes for the tinnitus to spike. My hyperacusis doesn't fluctuate, it can spike with audio traumas but it won't go down fast.

But I was ecstatic too soon, I've just had a horrible experience with tinnitus and hyperacusis, like a lot of people here.

I listened to it for the first time last night. Not sure for how long as my KS headphones slipped away during the night. Perhaps it was 4 hours. I use my iPhone to stream the uncompressed file. Like somebody said before it's pretty hard to keep them on while sleeping. I will keep you gents posted.

Also my tinnitus is highly somatic. By default it comes and goes by the second like a broken TV.

@R. David Case ever had good results with this situation?

I for one appreciate very much the kind intention of @R. David Case for coming over here to offer his help for free. As you have all witnessed from his posts, he is quite sincere in his effort to help people regardless of the kind of harsh comments he is getting. It speaks of his noble character and determination to share this out to the suffering folks regardless of the obstacle. Hope his approach will help more people. But we should be realistic that no one method will help all cases of tinnitus. 50% effective rate as he claims is pretty awesome especially it is offered free to all. So whether it works or not for everyone in the small sample of people who are trying it here on this board, we shouldn't take the failed case(s) too harshly and try to refrain from unkind words on Mr. Case.

Thanks again for coming over here to share this with us. God bless you for your kindness and care for others in suffering.

Why does he need only Koss headphones? Is this all about selling a particular brand of headsets? Why do you promote only this company?

What other brands would be acceptable to you were Koss not available? There must be others that work perfectly well.
We have tested many, the coil size has to do with the effectiveness, also a very expensive Bose noise canceling set works but most people can't afford them so the Koss ktx -pro1 or ksc-75 is what we recommend, and no I don't own stock in Koss, they just work best.

I for one appreciate very much the kind intention of @R. David Case for coming over here to offer his help for free. As you have all witnessed from his posts, he is quite sincere in his effort to help people regardless of the kind of harsh comments he is getting. It speaks of his noble character and determination to share this out to the suffering folks regardless of the obstacle. Hope his approach will help more people. But we should be realistic that no one method will help all cases of tinnitus. 50% effective rate as he claims is pretty awesome especially it is offered free to all. So whether it works or not for everyone in the small sample of people who are trying it here on this board, we shouldn't take the failed case(s) too harshly and try to refrain from unkind words on Mr. Case.

Thanks again for coming over here to share this with us. God bless you for your kindness and care for others in suffering.
Thanks for your kind words. Yes I have endured a lot, if I did not believe in what I am doing I would have said the heck with all of them I don't have to take this. But as you said this is important and I want to help people stop the torture and give back people's lives. I think most people would do the same if given the talent.

I listened to it for the first time last night. Not sure for how long as my KS headphones slipped away during the night. Perhaps it was 4 hours. I use my iPhone to stream the uncompressed file. Like somebody said before it's pretty hard to keep them on while sleeping. I will keep you gents posted.

Also my tinnitus is highly somatic. By default it comes and goes by the second like a broken TV.

@R. David Case ever had good results with this situation?
We have a test group of 237 people to find out the different types of tinnitus it works on.

@RaZaH You can't edit past 30 minutes here I think.

I still believe it worked fast, my ears were just trashed with too loud volume I believe.

It took a few minutes for the tinnitus to spike. My hyperacusis doesn't fluctuate, it can spike with audio traumas but it won't go down fast.

But I was ecstatic too soon, I've just had a horrible experience with tinnitus and hyperacusis, like a lot of people here.
You must use all night every night for 3 weeks or the tinnitus will reform.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm an audio engineer and the file just sounds horrible man, what is the science behind it and how did you even make it?
My theory was to make something that sounded like my tinnitus to interfere with it, I have found there is a feedback loop in the tinnitus structure. Think of a singer on stage, when he gets the mic too close to a speaker a loud squeal happens, if he puts sound into the mic or moves mic away from speaker the squeal stops, he has just broken the feedback loop. As to the device, I wired two 555 oscillator chips randomly, no schematics, just started soldering, the 2 chips fight each other for power, each chip's output was superimposed onto the others power supply creating massive interference waves, pulses, standing waves, etc. When recording it I accidentally had speakers and a mic hooked up causing reverb and again more feedback. I then put headphones on and listened, to my amazement IT WORKED. My tinnitus was knocked out.

I began to give the mix away and we are up to 420 people with tinnitus eliminated or greatly reduced.

You must follow instructions though , you must keep using it for 3 weeks every night all night, if you just use it for a couple hours a day the tinnitus will come and go.

Yes, but this example you posted is after one day of use, what happened the day after that?
The other example is after 2 days, same thing applies.

Having said that, I listened to this for 4 hours today on good quality headphones and I am planning to listen while sleeping as well, let's put this to the test.

I've taken it to heart to protect my ears from these sorts of noises. It's the absolute worst case scenario as far as irritating my hyperacusis. It's like a modem or digital feedback sound. If I knew for a fact it would work 100% and not make my tinnitus worse, I'd do it, but there are just too many red-flags and risk-factors. It's like what Sam Elliott said in A Star is Born. You gotta at least save what you've got left.

We have tested many, the coil size has to do with the effectiveness, also a very expensive Bose noise canceling set works but most people can't afford them so the Koss ktx -pro1 or ksc-75 is what we recommend, and no I don't own stock in Koss, they just work best.
I can't say I agree with the science behind this, and I'm not necessarily sure if it works period, but I don't think you're a scammer, and I do believe you're trying to help people David.

Let me ask you this though, does it have to be headphones? Why not play it using a high quality receiver and set of speakers that utilize titanium tweeters?

Yes, but this example you posted is after one day of use, what happened the day after that?
The other example is after 2 days, same thing applies.

Having said that, I listened to this for 4 hours today on good quality headphones and I am planning to listen while sleeping as well, let's put this to the test.
Great that you're putting this to the test, hope it works!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now