I Knew Exactly What I Had Been Experiencing When I First Heard About "Pulsatile Tinnitus"

missmolly.mcbrid

Author
Oct 15, 2024
St. Louis, Missouri
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I recently discovered the term "pulsatile tinnitus," and as soon as I read about it, I realized this is exactly what I've been experiencing. It's terrible! There have been times when I thought I might be having a stroke or something similar. But then I stumbled across the term "pulsatile tinnitus," and it clicked; that's what it is! Surprisingly, learning this made me feel a little better about the electrical pulses happening in my head.

I've never seen a doctor about this because I feel like it's futile; there's no cure. Instead, I dive into the internet and fumble my way through research, but I've found a lot of helpful information thanks to good old Google. Pulsatile tinnitus is such a strange and alarming sensation. Sometimes it's more intense than others.

The best way I can describe it is like being in an elevator that's plummeting down a shaft at high speed before it slams to a sudden stop at the bottom. Or it feels like a bolt of lightning or electricity, starting at the back of my head and stopping abruptly at my ears. It comes on suddenly, with no warning, usually when I'm lying down, but it has happened during the day while I'm up and moving around.

Every time, I can't shake the feeling that one day it's going to cause me to pass out.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now