• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

I'm Doing Good!

Ricardo1991

Author
Mar 10, 2016
Tinnitus Since
01/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
The world may never know..
Hi people,

Just thought I'd share my story. So back in 23 December 2015, I woke up and had a buzzing in my ears; that is the day my life changed forever.

Now, I won't go into the trauma side of things because I want this to be a very positive post. (As you may already know the kind of party we're having in our heads :rockingbanana:)

Anyways, here I am almost 2 years with my annoying best friend tinnitus, what a fucking journey it has been, amiright?

Anyways, I guess I just want to talk about how my life has been! Well, I am married to the love of my life who has helped me through the worst times in my life. Who understands that certain noises flare up my ears.
I have also moved overseas to be with my partner, and we've been having adventure after adventure.
I have a wonderful job as a marketer and the best thing is that MY BOSS ALSO HAS TINNITUS! Meaning that he understands why I listen to bells and stuff some days. He is completely deaf in his left ear and he says that he hears a loud whistle (if he listens out for it).

My partner and I have been to Spain, Portugal, France, Luxembourg, Ireland, Netherlands, English Countryside, America, and now we're planning on maybe visiting Thailand next year. Not bragging but just letting you know that airplanes are nothing to be afraid of :) I just wear earplugs (I accepted a little over a year ago that yes, I will hear the tinnitus. It's there, it's sharp, but it's there.)

I have also been to concerts. I have actually been in the front, right in front of the singer, I just wear earplugs. The cheap foam earplugs you can buy at Boots for £1.

I drink, I have wine, beer, sherry, port, spirits, etc. It's not my escape, I just really enjoy these.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I first got tinnitus, I was in a whirlwind of emotions. I felt like my world was over but in reality, it didn't 'start over', it just went on. My focus wasn't so much on the ringing in my head. It was on my life, my relationships, the things that I want and I'm working for. I guess in simple terms, it will and does get better :)

My tinnitus is like many others on here. It's loud, it's annoying, it feels like there's a static sensation in the back of my head. So I know it's there. I don't want to compare because everyone's is different, and we all go through things differently. However, I just want to say that I'm here for you. We're all here for you. If you need a friend, hey! Hit me up :) I live in London, wanna grab a beer?

-Richie.

@Ricardo1991 - Thank you so much for sharing your Success Story which I found heart-warming and so very encouraging to others. It's always terrific to hear of someone with tinnitus who is having a productive, busy and happy life. More power to you! Sending my very best wishes your way.

Hi people,

Just thought I'd share my story. So back in 23 December 2015, I woke up and had a buzzing in my ears; that is the day my life changed forever.

Now, I won't go into the trauma side of things because I want this to be a very positive post. (As you may already know the kind of party we're having in our heads :rockingbanana:)

Anyways, here I am almost 2 years with my annoying best friend tinnitus, what a fucking journey it has been, amiright?

Anyways, I guess I just want to talk about how my life has been! Well, I am married to the love of my life who has helped me through the worst times in my life. Who understands that certain noises flare up my ears.
I have also moved overseas to be with my partner, and we've been having adventure after adventure.
I have a wonderful job as a marketer and the best thing is that MY BOSS ALSO HAS TINNITUS! Meaning that he understands why I listen to bells and stuff some days. He is completely deaf in his left ear and he says that he hears a loud whistle (if he listens out for it).

My partner and I have been to Spain, Portugal, France, Luxembourg, Ireland, Netherlands, English Countryside, America, and now we're planning on maybe visiting Thailand next year. Not bragging but just letting you know that airplanes are nothing to be afraid of :) I just wear earplugs (I accepted a little over a year ago that yes, I will hear the tinnitus. It's there, it's sharp, but it's there.)

I have also been to concerts. I have actually been in the front, right in front of the singer, I just wear earplugs. The cheap foam earplugs you can buy at Boots for £1.

I drink, I have wine, beer, sherry, port, spirits, etc. It's not my escape, I just really enjoy these.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that when I first got tinnitus, I was in a whirlwind of emotions. I felt like my world was over but in reality, it didn't 'start over', it just went on. My focus wasn't so much on the ringing in my head. It was on my life, my relationships, the things that I want and I'm working for. I guess in simple terms, it will and does get better :)

My tinnitus is like many others on here. It's loud, it's annoying, it feels like there's a static sensation in the back of my head. So I know it's there. I don't want to compare because everyone's is different, and we all go through things differently. However, I just want to say that I'm here for you. We're all here for you. If you need a friend, hey! Hit me up :) I live in London, wanna grab a beer?

-Richie.
Awesome storey man, really it is. I hope to join you soon.

@Ricardo1991 wonderful story, it just shows, with the right attitude and support, T can be put in its place., I myself have had T since around 2012 and recently experienced an increase in severity, as a result I am awaiting a referral to an ENT surgeon, ( this is due to suspected conductive hearing loss in the right ear).

Since T tends to mess my sleep patterns up big time I am finding ways to deal with that aspect( mindfulness meditation seems to be showing some promise at the moment).

OH and guess what I discovered just by accident yesterday. my Microwave oven masks my T beautifully to the extent that I literally barely notice it!! I guess now i will record a few seconds of Microwave noise, loop it and have it playing in the background.( can't be having the microwave on all day after all). :headphone:

Ricardo,
i dont know if you remember me!!
but we used to chat for a while back in 2016, we got T during the same time.
just wanted to say im very happy for you!!!
right now, i feel like iam at the same point, traveling, concerts, im having the time of my life.
im gonna post a sucess story soon,
wishing you the best this new year.

:)

Ricardo,
i dont know if you remember me!!
but we used to chat for a while back in 2016, we got T during the same time.
just wanted to say im very happy for you!!!
right now, i feel like iam at the same point, traveling, concerts, im having the time of my life.
im gonna post a sucess story soon,
wishing you the best this new year.

:)
Hey! Yes, I do! Congrats buddy! Yes, we can kick T's ass. Recently I just went to the Canary Islands with my husband. It was beautiful! T was there but, who cares haha I still had a ton of fun :)
Hit me up some time! Maybe if you travel to London one day we should meet up!

Happy new year as well.
Ricardo

Hi people,

-Richie.
Wonderful story!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now