I'm New, Hi! Tinnitus for 3 Weeks Either from Noise Exposure or Otitis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Josdela, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Josdela
      Curious

Josdela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nihl
      Hi, I'm really new with this tinnitus.

It started just 3 weeks ago, a consequence of exposure to noise or otitis, I don't really know.

It is more likely because of the noise. I visited my ENT and he told me that I have otitis. He gave me a prescription to amoxicillin and clavulanic acid for 7 days and prednisone.

I already finished the prescription and I have not seen changes in my tinnitus. There are days when I am doing really bad but I still do not lose my mind because of thinking that I have that period of "3 months in which it can fade away".

Now the tinnitus is not only in the left ear but has also passed to the right ear.

2. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Well, were you exposed to noise, either at work or recreationally? Hearing protection?

Did you return to the ENT for a followup exam to make sure the otitis resolved? Just because you had a course of antibiotics does not guarantee that the infection is gone.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Josdela
      Curious

Josdela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nihl
      @Digital Doc
      This week I have an appointment with my ENT, I am not sure how he gave me tinnitus, if for an infection or induced by noise (I am sure that this influenced more), abuse of the headphones, but the tinnitus seemed after the infection.