I'm Not Committing Suicide. I'm Being Murdered by Merciless Tinnitus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you're far from good. As @Wolfears has consistently pointed out- and he's 100% right- you are living with a bomb strapped to your chest. Countless people on here believed they were 'good my man' until suddenly they woke up not so good. In fact they woke up back in hell, begging for someone to help the end their misery.

The only way anyone who has been in anyway touched by this dreadful affliction will ever be truly 'good' again......And by that i mean secure, happy and with this horrendous weight lifted from their shoulders....... is if a proper treatment that doesn't involve mentally convincing yourself you're better, is developed and offered up to us by the doctors who currently ridicule our suffering, in part due to this insecure bravado that lurks within our own community......I'm tough, I don't need a cure, I'm braving it out. What noise?!? Doesn't bother me mate!

Damn right it's like a bomb strapped to your chest.
I always said that even if my tinnitus would completely go away tomorrow I would never ever be the same person I was before.
Simply knowing that something like this is possible and that nobody can help is enough for me to sink.
I've be so deeply scared by this whole experience, I truly believe it may be PTSD as well!

I truly believe it may be PTSD as well!

Valeri you've been tortured by unbearable noise emanating from your own head for nearly a decade. Of course you have PTSD. Many of us have it. We're encapsulated within a nightmare and there's no escape.

Anyone trying to convince you otherwise has absolutely zero clue what you've been through......The fact you're still alive is nothing short of a miracle. A massive testament to the human survival instinct.

Morning Guys.
It's such a joy to wake each day to noise drilling through one's head
Bam I need to buy tights today so do you have a preference for which colour?
@Bam @Jazzer

Well, at least I got a mention this time!

It's usually 'Bam this' and 'Bam that.'
I mean - what has that guy got?

Comparative youf - well yes,
Charisma - I suppose so,
Intelligence - well there is that,
Good looks - well sort of,
(as I believe I'm the only one to have seen him in captivity, you'll have to take my word for that
- 'steady on ladies,')
Athletic physique - undoubtedly,
( 'no fidgeting girls,')
Sense of humour - wicked.

But I mean apart from all that?

(What have the Romans ever done for us.)

Fear is one of the imdispu
Well they are doing a lot more for their fellow man than "those" advocating fear and suicide at ever turn.

Fear is one of the indisputable symptoms.

I have never heard anybody advocate suicide,
and I would never condone it if I did.
But we all have to admit that, understandably, it happens sometimes.

Well they are doing a lot more for their fellow man than "those" advocating fear and suicide at ever turn.

Nobody is advocating suicide or fear. Some of us are honest enough to admit we suffer enough to want to die. But where is anyone actively encouraging suicide to others?!? That's as big a lie as the habituation delusion.

Listen we want a cure or an effective treatment for a horrid disease that's robbed many of us of our basic human rights and requirements of a fully functional life. We've been fobbed off by a coping industry that gets fat off our dollar, based on some pie in the sky bullshit, and then we get people within our own ranks- supposedly- basically telling us to 'man up' and attempting to silence us with shame. Which in turn filters through to our own families and friends, so we become even more disillusioned and isolated.

We want the truth to be recognised Jason. And yes, in the worst instances where people are tortured non stop with no end in sight, we want the option of a humane end of life...... as opposed to suicide, fear and immense suffering.

If you oppose all that then I'm sorry you don't have a shred of humanity or humility in you.

People with light or moderate 'T' are absolutely convinced that theirs is identical to ours.
Of course - it must be just the same.
It stands to reason.
They simply do not consider that our 'T' is a completely different 'species.'

Hence:
"I got over mine and you can too."
"Just choose happiness and enjoy the sunshine."
"I always just ignore it."
"Yes, I've got it but I won't let it bother me.
You should try it."

........and other similar "CRAP !!!!!"

They simply do not realise just how ignorant, self-preening and insulting they are.
When you had light tinnitus did you have the same attitude as these people?

If so then you must understand where they are coming from.

If we do not 'tell it like it is,'
nobody else will.

I will not stand by and watch this 'thing' homogenised into one minor 'cope-able' syndrome.

TELL THE TRUTH !!

Absolutely not.

I met a guy who was suffering hell on Earth with internal head noise.

Guess what - I BELIEVED HIM !

Well the truth isn't going to be recognized campaigning to each other on here....this is a support forum for "support" and people who are afraid and come in here and read this garbage and leave terrified. And that's the truth with these threads.

No one is holding back a cure. I wish they were, then at least one would exist.

This is why people don't come back here and try and help. Every post they make is attack by the local fear mongering crew calling for their head.

Well the truth isn't going to be recognized campaigning to each other on here....this is a support forum for "support" and people who are afraid and come in here and read this garbage and leave terrified. And that's the truth with these threads.

No one is holding back a cure. I wish they were, then at least one would exist.

This is why people don't come back here and try and help. Every post they make is attack by the local fear mongering crew calling for their head.
Totally agree with you, attended one of those ATA Walks to increase awareness of tinnitus and there were like a couple dozen people there.

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO OUTSIDE OF INTERNET?

People with 'light' tinnitus are perfectly positioned to enlighten the world and push for a cure. They've had a little amuse bouche of this disease but they're not flat out disabled by it....yet. And that's the point. Be grateful, yet mindful that you still need a cure as your house is built on a fault line that on a whim can seismically shift at any moment plunging you in to a living hell. And all the bravado and pomp of 'I have tinnitus and don't care' will haunt you like a motherf***er and you'll wish you had shown tinnitus and the people who suffer badly a little more respect.

people who are afraid and come in here and read this garbage

This 'garbage' is the truth of what tinnitus has done to our lives.....

Would you prefer the news to depict Syria as a blissful utopia where the happy locals serve cocktails from the rubble and tourist can visit with the view of it being an ideal holiday destination?!?

Your shaming us and attempting to silence this truth is exactly what is holding back a cure and propping up the thieving coping industry. But hey you keep on believing that you're helping people.

People with 'light' tinnitus are perfectly positioned to enlighten the world and push for a cure. They've had a little amuse bouche of this disease but they're not flat out disabled by it....yet. And that's the point. Be grateful, yet mindful that you still need a cure as your house is built on a fault line that on a whim can seismically shift at any moment plunging you in to a living hell. And all the bravado and pomp of 'I have tinnitus and don't care' will haunt you like a motherf***er and you'll wish you had shown tinnitus and the people who suffer badly a little more respect.

Agree, I have light tinnitus but I still want rid of it. Yes it is easy to cover up and when I'm out and about it's not really noticeable but it's still annoying to come home or go somewhere quiet and there it is again.

Just by listening to some sound clips I have an idea of what you severe sufferers have to put up with and to be honest it may as well be a different condition. So hoping that MuteButton can do something for you guys (and me).

this is a support forum for "support" and people who are afraid and come in here and read this garbage and leave terrified.
So where are severe sufferers supposed to go for support? You call their stories garbage? Then you probably also shouldn't watch the news. 25% of ME/CFS sufferers are homebound and you don't see the other 75% running around saying "This fact depresses me!". Tinnitus is a huge spectrum and everyone on it should be allowed to share their story, this includes those whose lives have been severely impacted.

Why do you feel the need to argue with people who are suffering? What do you gain from telling them that it's garbage when they talk about their lives with tinnitus? Do you think you're helping them? This thread is clearly not for people new to tinnitus. I don't understand why you have to talk down to people who are at the severe end of the tinnitus spectrum. You can encourage other people without throwing people who struggle under the bus.

How is posting on here "getting out the truth"? It's like trying to tell the world good morning with a whisper while in your bedroom closet.

You caught me I was sent by the ATA to keep everyone quiet.

@Jason37
Seriously - is there any alternative to telling the truth ?
Well is there ??

This shit took virtually everything from me, except my family.

Personally I advocate coping the best way we can, deep relaxation, meditation and all the rest of it.

But I will never lie about the severity.

How is posting on here "getting out the truth"? It's like trying to tell the world good morning with a whisper while in your bedroom closet.

Just because you don't understand something, you don't need to attack it.
Your attempt at sarcasm is rather misplaced, but I'm sure you already know that.

I will try to simplify this for you and reiterate what Bam has already mentioned several times before.

What some of us are attempting to do is to get a clear message across... that message is:
"We can't cope, we need cure or effective treatment ASAP"

Of course this does not sit well with tinnitus apologists, whose message is:
"We can cope ok, we will be just fine"

As you can see, this mixed message can leave the average readers, politicians who are in charge of assigning financial grants, or potential medical researchers very, very confused at best.

In order for anyone to take us seriously, our message needs to be clear and unified.
Not sure why this simple logic seems to be so incomprehensible to some, who also claim to suffer with tinnitus.

Jason this thread and this forum does filter through. We all noticed David from the BTA has toughened his stance somewhat last time he was interviewed, directly because of this forum going for the jugular after his previous total fail on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now