I'm Sorry, Everyone. I'm Not Weak and This Isn't Suicide, There Was No Other Way to Hear Silence.

I don't understand why you are taking advice from a man who has yet to get his own tinnitus and hyperacusis under control.
Trust me, my T is in an infinitely better state than your T.
Does that sound like an individual that ANYONE should be listening to?
The fact that you seem to have reading comprehension problems (as evidenced by you not addressing any of the points I raised), is a sign that nobody should take your posts seriously.
For heavens sake the man has disconnected all the smoke detectors in his home....

Does that sound like an individual that ANYONE should be listening to?
Ask the people who have gotten serious T spikes as a result of being exposed to fire alarms.
admits to having to wear wearing earplugs in the shower, a sign of severe hyperacusis.
Please go and read again what I wrote about it, and then feel embarrassed for demonstrating problems with reading comprehension.

Trust me, my T is in an infinitely better state than your T.

The fact that you seem to have reading comprehension problems (as evidenced by you not addressing any of the points I raised), is a sign that nobody should take your posts seriously.

Ask the people who have gotten serious T spikes as a result of being exposed to fire alarms.

Please go and read again what I wrote about it, and then feel embarrassed for demonstrating problems with reading comprehension.

We've been through this Mr. Bauer, you can't use posts of people on a tinnitus support forum who are in extreme emotional distress as proof of anything.

My point is, that you're taking advice from a man who hasn't got a clue himself
How do you know?
a hypocrite
Why do you think that I am a hypocrite?
an extreme introvert who doesn't have any friends, spends all his time outside of work by himself, by choice.
You talk about it, as if that was a bad thing.
He is chronically stuck at the starting line
I know more about it than you, and I can tell you that you are wrong.
If I gave you two options, you can either listen to a loud beep for a few seconds, or I can take my Glock 30 out and blow your head off, which would choose?
I feel sorry for you that you think that non-reckless living is equivalent to blowing your head off. Carry on, but it is sad that some newbies (who want to believe that they don't have to change anything) will listen to you and get hurt.

you can't use posts of people on a tinnitus support forum who are in extreme emotional distress as proof of anything.
You must not be afraid. Oh, sure, you got burned and you got hurt. But that is no reason to give up. You must not be afraid. You must show the same kind of gumption as the cowboy, who, if he gets thrown off a horse, climbs right back on, and if he gets thrown off again, climbs right back on again, and so on, until virtually all of his brain cells are dead. Dave Barry

@Bill Bauer
(QUOTE not working and didn't feel like coding it manually)

1. You STILL haven't resolved your hyperacusis and worry about spikes from eating eggs.

2. Maybe less of a hypocrite and more being delusional or flat out lying. You claim that you don't have hyperacusis because you listen to television at "moderate volume", yet obviously do because you shower with earplugs.

3. Speaks to state of mind.

4. Wow... Well you got me there Mr. Bauer. You said so therefore it must be true.

5. If you can't see a problem with disconnecting a device designed to prevent you from being burned alive, you've entered a rhelm of delusion and irrationality that nobody can dissuade you from.

My point is, that you're taking advice from a man who hasn't got a clue himself, a hypocrite, an extreme introvert who doesn't have any friends, spends all his time outside of work by himself, by choice.

He is chronically stuck at the starting line, but this has practically no effect on him because he doesn't like people or socializing to begin with.

If I gave you two options, you can either listen to a loud beep for a few seconds, or I can take my Glock 30 out and blow your head off, which would choose?
Bill freely states he's a serious introvert who much prefers his own company to that of others, and he made some have some extreme ideas around cautious behaviour, but he spends a lot of time on here trying to help and advise others and I like him

Bill freely states he's a serious introvert who much prefers his own company to that of others, and he made some have some extreme ideas around cautious behaviour, but he spends a lot of time on here trying to help and advise others and I like him

Mr. Bauer spends a lot of time trying to push his ideology on others, many of whom aren't extreme introverts. The majority of us benefit immensely from human interaction and affection, if you don't that's fine, but you'd be in the minority.

1. You STILL haven't resolved your hyperacusis and worry about spikes from eating eggs.
I had already addressed the above. I won't repeat the same argument over and over again.
obviously do because you shower with earplugs
I shower with earplugs in the hope that doing so (i.e., minimizing the noise that my ears get exposed to) would promote healing, and not because the sound bothers me. If I am wrong, the cost is low. If I am right, the benefit is high.
Well you got me there Mr. Bauer. You said so therefore it must be true.
Who has more information about the change in my T over the past two years, you or me?
If you can't see a problem with disconnecting a device designed to prevent you from being burned alive
I see a problem with it, and I also see a problem with getting debilitating tinnitus.

I had already addressed the above. I won't repeat the same argument over and over again.

Because it's wrong, research studies aren't conducted on support forums, for good reason. Use your head professor...

I shower with earplugs in the hope that doing so (i.e., minimizing the noise that my ears get exposed to) would promote healing, and not because the sound bothers me. If I am wrong, the cost is low. If I am right, the benefit is high.

So either you have hyperacusis or misophonia... Either way you are in no position to be doling out advice.

Who has more information about the change in my T over the past two years, you or me?

If you must know my increase was mainly due to a defensive shooting, and partly due to being due to utter recklessness (Loud cars, loud clubs, etc. all without protection). I have NOT had an increase since joining the forum, and protecting against damaging sounds. Nice try... But no.

I see a problem with it, and I also see a problem with getting debilitating tinnitus.

No increases since the forementioned event, and my hearing is far more damaged than yours.

Because it's wrong, research studies aren't conducted on support forums, for good reason.
This wasn't the argument I was talking about. And regarding what you are talking about, that data can't be used to estimate any probabilities, but it can be used to establish that the probability (of regretting noise exposure) is nonzero. Given how horrible debilitating T is, this is all that many of us need to know to make our decisions.
So either you have hyperacusis or misophonia... .
You need to work on your reading comprehension.
If you must know my increase was mainly
I didn't ask you about it. It is not much of a debate when you won't bother reading what I write.
No increases since the forementioned event
I am happy for you.

For some reason, this thread has me wonder where you all realistically see yourselves within the next five to ten years.

Do you think you'll still be experiencing these debilitating hearing conditions by that time, by being wedded to earplugs and muffs for perpetual security, and your lives on hold indefinitely, or do you feel it's likely your present condition will have (mostly?) resolved by then and you'll be in the process of rebuilding your lives?

This wasn't the argument I was talking about. And regarding what you are talking about, that data can't be used to estimate any probabilities, but it can be used to establish that the probability (of regretting noise exposure) is nonzero. Given how horrible debilitating T is, this is all that many of us need to know to make our decisions.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

I didn't ask you about it. It is not much of a debate when you won't bother reading what I write.

I am happy for you.

I'm not sure you understand what reading comprehension means Mr. Bauer, nice attempt at side-stepping the fact that you are either afraid of sound, or, are suffering from hyperacusis.

Funny, I've showed your posts to people who don't have tinnitus, and one individual likened you to the leader of a cult. You have need therapy Mr. Bauer, not a platform, a platform you that continually use to disseminate harmful information.

You're so sick that you have removed your smoke detectors, it's unfathomable that you believe you are in any position to dispense advice.

I'm arguing with a man devoid of any logic, rational, or reason... I'm done.

I'm not sure you understand what reading comprehension means Mr. Bauer, nice attempt at side-stepping the fact that you are either afraid of sound, or, are suffering from hyperacusis.

Funny, I've showed your posts to people who don't have tinnitus, and one individual likened you to the leader of a cult. You have need therapy Mr. Bauer, not a platform, a platform you that continually use to disseminate harmful information.

You're so sick that you have removed your smoke detectors, it's unfathomable that you believe you are in any position to dispense advice.

I'm arguing with a man devoid of any logic, rational, or reason... I'm done.

Not to butt in or challenge anything in this discussion, but in terms of fire alarms I was hit by one due to negligence of an outside worker which set them off in my own room. A small room, in which these SHOULD be illegal alarm db levels were going off at 108-110db at 6-7 feet. This exposure for some 5-7 seconds as I tried to find my earmuffs caused a perm. change to my T and Hyperacusis that hasn't healed in 6 months. Such a drastic change I struggle to cope to this day as it continues to get worse from everyday noises and slightly elevated noises in the 85-90db range that occur briefly. Literally changed a T noise that was a constant tone to a ever spiking up and down high pitch tone, that reacts to noises and goes over them to compete with said sounds. A.C, wind, music causes this reaction. Topping it off with ears feeling tired and worn out constantly from noise and soreness. Sometimes ears are just badly damaged from even a haircell level or nerve linings ect., and will continue to get worse with trauma's even brief. Some of us just got bad genes and are ears are not able to bounce back. I only had slight improvement over the years (with many ups and downs from noises) from cutting myself off from the world and staying relative quietness with controlled volume of noises and normal driving and store level db levels.

Working all the time and exposure to noises that are what many consider normal day to day noises has not improved me in the slightest and has helped me zero since the firealarm. Going about my life and living has brought me close to suicide. Sadly, I believe the only thing I can do is be in complete silence for 6monhs to a year to recover, which I can't do.

I'm not sure you understand what reading comprehension means Mr. Bauer
I do. Do you? I wrote
to which you replied
So either you have hyperacusis or misophonia...
I am not afraid of anything - I weighed the costs and benefits and acted accordingly. Enough said.
I've showed your posts to people who don't have tinnitus, and one individual likened you to the leader of a cult.
Now show my posts to the people who kept living as if that they can handle all the noises that the healthy people can handle, and got progressively worse.

What was it that offended you? You kill yourself over 5k ? That was my point. If you can't scrape together 5k to save yourself, well, I'm not going to even bother explaining...

I don't need you to. Your words speak for themselves what kind of person you are. It's too bad that so many people have poured their heart out over your suffering only for you to post this toxic stuff to a person who really needs help.

I don't need you to. Your words speak for themselves what kind of person you are. It's too bad that so many people have poured their heart out over your suffering only for you to post this toxic stuff to a person who really needs help.
What? What did I post to this person that needs help? I'm confused. I was responding to Bam's hypothetical about someone giving up over 5k. No need to swear and imply that there is something wrong with me. Just take it down a notch, Okay? I gave my opinion on something, not somebody, this should not be offensive.

I believe life is a gift, if you are going to throw away this gift over 4-5k, then maybe you don't deserve it. I thought it made sense, I don't know. Maybe I'm screwed in the head, and you can disagree with me, but either way, it's just an opinion, no need to get all bent out of shape and start swearing, and personally attacking me.

In that case you better get the holy water and some garlic Bill cos I fear you're about to get bit my friend!:LOL:
She is on my Ignore list. If that post gets deleted, so be it. It was addressed to Telis, and Telis read it, so the post had served its purpose.

What? What did I post to this person that needs help? I'm confused. I was responding to Bam's hypothetical about someone giving up over 5k. No need to swear and imply that there is something wrong with me. Just take it down a notch, Okay? I gave my opinion on something, not somebody, this should not be offensive.

I believe life is a gift, if you are going to throw away this gift over 4-5k, then maybe you don't deserve it. I thought it made sense, I don't know. Maybe I'm screwed in the head, and you can disagree with me, but either way, it's just an opinion, no need to get all bent out of shape and start swearing, and personally attacking me.
Yeah but you aren't taking into account how irrational people think when they are in immense distress, you of all people would know this as someone who has suffered immensely.

you aren't taking into account how irrational people think
An irrational person will want to spend their entire net worth and will rob a bank to get the money for a cure. If there is a cure, that irrational person will do irrational things to ensure that they get it.

Yeah but you aren't taking into account how irrational people think when they are in immense distress, you of all people would know this as someone who has suffered immensely.
Sure, so what should I do about that? Let people cuss me out and call me down? Not defend myself? I didn't do or say anything wrong here, I'm just trying to point that out in a polite way. Is that okay? Or should I let people use me as a punching bag because they are irrational, in immense suffering and distress? I don't understand why I'm being called down here, I've done nothing to warrant this.

Sure, so what should I do about that? Let people cuss me out and call me down? Not defend myself? I didn't do or say anything wrong here, I'm just trying to point that out in a polite way. Is that okay? Or should I let people use me as a punching bag because they are irrational, in immense suffering and distress? I don't understand why I'm being called down here, I've done nothing to warrant this.
Yeah I understand where you are coming from to an extent, I just think you could have done it in a more polite or different way. Also someone reading that who is already suicidal is just going to feel more shit about the face they are feeling suicidal, it accomplishes nothing.

An irrational person will want to spend their entire net worth and will rob a bank to get the money for a cure. If there is a cure, that irrational person will do irrational things to ensure that they get it.
Bill not everyone thinks the same way.

Wtf is this thread. We need to put every one on this forum on an island and do some serious battle royale

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now