• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Intermittent Pulsatile Tinnitus Triggered by Sound, Speaking and Eating?

Mattpgh

Author
Mar 10, 2021
Pittsburgh
Tinnitus Since
December 2020
Cause of Tinnitus
Unsure, pulsatile, possible MEM
Looking for advice on intermittent pulsatile tinnitus on one side, seems to be triggered by sound, speaking and eating. It presents as a thumping, not as a whooshing, and it varies considerably in intensity.

My ENT is trying to work up my symptoms, I had an MRI yesterday and and my follow up appointment is in two weeks.

I think it's possibly a middle ear myoclonus that is contracting with my heartbeats but my ENT suspects a vascular cause.

Does anybody have any advice or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same thing! I have had it for three months now. The noise is very frustrating when I eat. The pulsatile tinnitus has gotten better when the talking but not eating.

Looking for advice on intermittent pulsatile tinnitus on one side, seems to be triggered by sound, speaking and eating. It presents as a thumping, not as a whooshing, and it varies considerably in intensity.

My ENT is trying to work up my symptoms, I had an MRI yesterday and and my follow up appointment is in two weeks.

I think it's possibly a middle ear myoclonus that is contracting with my heartbeats but my ENT suspects a vascular cause.

Does anybody have any advice or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Mine gets worse when I eat and when I exercise. Also it gets worse if I have tension in the jaw and neck.

I am thinking about doing a Doppler test. Scared about MRI (too noisy).

What is the Doppler test?

Do you get a feeling of fullness in the ear as well? Like something is actually moving in the ear?

Do you get any crackling noises? I'm wondering if my issue has anything to do with Eustachian tubes, or if it's an inner ear issue.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now