Internal Vibrations: Would an EEG and a CT Scan with Contrast Help Give Answers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by stacey, Mar 1, 2024.

1. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone get internal vibrations? I get it on the left side of my body, mainly in my leg and feet. Which is odd because my tinnitus and noxacusis is in my right ear.

The buzzing sensation I get is in unison with my tinnitus which is so strange.

My neurologist wants me to do an EEG and a CT scan with contrast. Would these tests help give answers, or would it be a waste? I don't want to worsen myself for no reason.

2. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      You should probably go w/ what your doctor mentioned, they know more about your history than a stranger on an online forum. Keep in mind that the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body and vice versa, although that, as well as your tinnitus, may have nothing to do w/ what you're experiencing in your leg.

Sometimes my tinnitus is in the left ear, sometimes in the right ear and other times in both. It just is what it is, and pretty much impossible to know exactly what's going on. Even if I knew, I don't know what could be done about it.

• Like Like x 1
    3. DeanD

DeanD Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 1982 - then Severe Oct 2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      I do get this, yes. I don't think it's all the time, but certainly I do get internal vibrations.

I have had an EEG and CT scans (across various parts) but no one has said they have found the vibrations, although it wasn't something I specifically pointed out.

Personally for me, I think the vibrations are a stress response. I'm not saying yours is linked to stress, but I think mine can be.

EEG measures brain activity and CT scan I thought was a bodily snapshot. When I had the EEG, I'm not sure I had vibrations internally at that point, I think they came later.

Sorry I know this is of little help, but I wanted to share my experiences so you have some more data to go on.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks so much for telling your experience with this. My vibrations are constant, happening all the time, which is why I’m considering doing the tests.

Was the EEG loud? And when you had the CT scan, did they use contrast? If so, did the contrast affect your tinnitus?

5. DeanD

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      No problem.

No, the EEG was silent. It was over a year ago I had it but I don't remember any noise. I have had a number of CT scans in the past year, some with contrast, and no, I don't remember the contrast affecting my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also wanted to ask how are you currently doing? Did your reactive tinnitus get any better? I’ve also had terrible reactive tinnitus (multiple tones) and noxacusis for over a year now.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. DeanD

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all that.

Unfortunately I couldn't say it's got any better. Whether it's got any worse is difficult to say. It's been a long 18 months.

The tinnitus is still variable daily, and still reactive. I am trying to carry on, just been flying and travelling, but I have another health issue for the past 12 months (undiagnosed despite so many tests and the medical system is as helpful with it as they are tinnitus) which to me is worse at the moment as it prevents me eating properly and I'm losing a lot of weight.

• Hug Hug x 1