patt183

Author
Nov 18, 2016
Tinnitus Since
01/11/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hey!
Ive had T for 3 weeks now and I'm going to see the ENT once again tomorrow. Do you think I should ask for Prednisone? I know you are supposed to take it 24-48 hours after the onset, however is there a possibility it might work? I do not expect it to cure my T but maybe lower it a bit.

What do you guys think? Really need your advice.

It might lower it for you but it could come back...always worth asking about it
..lots of love glynis

Yes you are past the normal window but everyone is different. Talk to your GP and see if they are willing to prescribe you a 10 day course of it.

I've had severe allergies for 6 years or so & my nose is always stuffy so taking Prednisolone might be useful at least for that :dunno:
Thank you! Gonna update this thread later.

Might be worth taking a antihistamine if don't take one daily....lots of love glynis

Definitely worth trying it. I think it may be best for hearing loss, but it's worth a shot. But watch how your body reacts to it while taking it. I did fine, no problems.

Have you been to an ENT yet? The allergies part has me wondering it could be a middle ear infection or swelling.

Good points from all here, @patt183.

As others here have said: definitely worth giving it a shot, with the understanding you are indeed outside the normal effectiveness window. Keep us posted. My guess is the doc may not be willing but if you really want to try it, insist.

Might be worth taking a antihistamine if don't take one daily....lots of love glynis
I am actually supposed to use a steroid nasal spray called Dymista. Ive been using it on and off for years.

I still don't know what I am allergic to though.

Definitely worth trying it. I think it may be best for hearing loss, but it's worth a shot. But watch how your body reacts to it while taking it. I did fine, no problems.

Have you been to an ENT yet? The allergies part has me wondering it could be a middle ear infection or swelling.
Yes, said my ears were fine and prescribed Ginko Biloba, which of course did not do a thing. Gonna see my doc tomorrow and ask for Prednisolone.

I still don't know what I am allergic to though.

You ever had allergy testing done? Otherwise, can be pretty tough to tell what's bothering you. Allergy shots can help, if you are willing to go through the trouble and expense. They basically inject you with what you're allergic to, so you body can build up an immune response.

Good points from all here, @patt183.

As others here have said: definitely worth giving it a shot, with the understanding you are indeed outside the normal effectiveness window. Keep us posted. My guess is the doc may not be willing but if you really want to try it, insist.
Yes, do not expect it to do much, but I really wanna try.. just to be 100% sure.

My aunt said she could get it prescribed for me as she works in a hospital but I am gonna try and persuade my doc.

@LadyDi
Yes and they found nothing. So the doc told me to try Dymista and see how that one works. All I can say it works great, but only for a few hours. :(

Yes and they found nothing. So the doc told me to try Dymista and see how that one works. All I can say it works great, but only for a few hours. :(

Hey, @patt183 , yeah, dealing with allergies can be very frustrating. And there is no guarantee with the testing but thought I would mention it. They told me I was allergic to mold. Which, if you live in Florida, is like saying you are allergic to air.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now