Is OpenAI Just Hype?

momus

Author
Dec 16, 2022
Tinnitus Since
01/1998
Cause of Tinnitus
antibiotics
I've been reading many articles on OpenAI, and to me, it appears to be a thinly disguised excuse for more mass surveillance.

Like most people, I have a home computer and use it frequently. Too frequently. This is where most of our lives are being tracked by companies like Google, which has proven to be very untrustworthy regarding our privacy. I also have a smartphone that tracks where I am and at what time and leaves a record of what is said and to whom when I use it. I can easily foresee both these forms of technology supplying data to a giant computer that would track most of my movements and interests in nearly every waking moment. That's probably happening right now.

Do I need all this stuff? Not really. I could use a burner phone that's bought off the shelf without giving out my personal information. I'd buy it with cash instead of a credit or debit card and dispose of it after a short while by burning it or breaking it in half. I could also use a VPN to prevent my web activity from being tracked, assuming that works.

OpenAI is already a reality. I did web searches for all these activities, and every time I did so, I received my answers from OpenAI.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now