Is This TTTS? My Ears Wince/Thump When I Swallow, Burp, Talk Loud, Touch My Ear Canal, ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by GLASS EYE, Nov 23, 2023.

1. GLASS EYE

GLASS EYE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Is this TTTS?

SYMPTOMS:

This started a few days ago - my ears will wince/thump, whenever I swallow, close my eyes hard, burp, touch my ear canal, hear a plate clatter or I talk too loud. Putting an earplug or sticking my finger in my ear also causes the twinge/wince feeling of air pressure. The best way to describe it is a sudden painless twinge inside my head/face/right ear. It makes me feel a little dizzy sometimes.

It’s less bothersome in my left ear.

I can hear loud sounds fine, it’s just the initial moment I hear it, when I wince and thump. Or have a burp or hiccup which causes the weird sensation inside my head. It’s like my body is suddenly afraid of internal and external sounds.

Two weeks ago, my left ear was fluttering for no reason for about 8 hours, like it was thumping. It wasn’t my heartbeat.

I have no other symptoms, no vertigo, ringing, no pain, no hearing loss, no fullness...

I went to an urgent care doctor today. She said both ears have inflammation in the canal but from what she could see, my eardrum/tympanic membrane look fine.

Note:

I will say, I’ve been very anxious the last 2-3 months due to suffering from a gnarly pinched nerve in my spine due to spinal stenosis, hand tingling, pain etc. My hypochondria and health anxiety have been super high.

2. Jon R.

Jon R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 & then again in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st tone 2001 ear plugs, 3 other tones 2021 Pfizer vaccine
      I am so sorry to see nobody replied to you.

My reply may be irrelevant to you now, but yes, it sounds very much like TTTS and can be made a lot worse due to anxiety.

How are you feeling now?

3. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
      Yes, it sounds like TTTS. I have that as well. It can result in fluttering and thumps due to external sounds, moving, touching, stretching, flexing, and even spontaneously. I have all that, and it only does the thumping or fluttering in one ear at a time. Fortunately, it's been a mild issue compared to tinnitus.