Author
Benefactor
Jun 3, 2016
Florida
Tinnitus Since
04/25/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
I've had tinnitus or Hyperacusis for a week solid now.
I just moved and renovated my house. The move was stressful and I'm a bit depressed missing my old home. My new house is smaller and older so I hear all type of noises. I'm also next to power lines. I was fine in my house for about a month and last week the ringing stated. I did have TMJ and I went to the dentist and had a stressed filling. I was tripping out about noises for a week, new refrigerator bumbling, AC humming, old fan squeaking, buzz from power line, all these new noises, all at one. Then last Wednesday I heard what I thought was choir of crickets but saw my window wasn't opened. The ringing got loader and has not stopped. I did not sleep that night and now lunsta gives me a few hours. I scheduled an ENT for next week but I'm freaking out. I 'm the sole provider for my family and my house is only half way moved in and I can't function.

Hi Whale.
I'm sure your tinnitus will calm down as your ears get use to the new sounds around you and got over the stress from moving home.....lots of love glynis

@whale the first month was the hardest, I'm on month 3 and my brain is 70% used to it! I have my moments but you will be alright give it time! I pray for everyone on here

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now