Author
Podcast Patron
Benefactor
Nov 14, 2015
United States
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
A new short video on YouTube offering some tips on kitchen noise reduction for hyperacusis sufferers. The video has subtitles for those not able to tolerate audio.

Text intro to the video:

"For those with hyperacusis, the kitchen is a hazard zone, filled with injurious noises. This clip offers a glimpse of how hyperacusis sufferers cleverly adapt to make the kitchen quieter and safer. (We apologize for the two clinks shortly after the .55 second mark. They were amplified by the recording.)"

I always use deeply inserted foam earplugs and a good pair of earmuffs when handling dishes or cook.

The tone / hum that I've been battling with since February 2021 came from my aunt's kitchen.

Those are Peltor X5A earmuffs. That's what I use, and have owned about 10 pairs over the years.

We have the kitchen refrigerator on a switch. And the refrigerator gets turned off daily.

My tone tinnitus came from putting a Breville mini electric toaster oven in the aunt's kitchen.

It's now in the shed, which has AC power. And the shed wiring was checked to make sure it can handle a 1800 watt electric mini oven.

I've suffered more than regular people could imagine. Other tinnitus sufferers of course understand.

It now goes away at night. And it's been better since last month.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now