Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Yeap. I've posted in the relevant thread.

700 huh? I don't know if that's a lot - or a drop in the ocean. But as I said, good luck to everyone, hope this thing works some sorcery. :)
Why are you so salty about it?

Care to give us some background insight that you seem to have?

By reading your posts you did stem cell therapy which had zero trials done for it to prove efficiency on a large scale. So this is already looking better than stem cells...

These are really exciting times. The only reason things like this are happening is because the community is vocal and challenging the status quo of what audiologists and the old guard are saying.

However only time will tell how this fares, fingers crossed.
It's good to see you so optimistic Contrast.

Hey, thanks for the answer. I'm curious because my audiogram is within normal range all the way up to 20,000 Hz but I still have ringing and hissing :(
All it takes is one dead hair cell out of 20,000 to produce a ringing, which would be the equivalent of having one dead pixel on an LCD screen. You might not even notice something like that, but is technically hearing loss.

It was listed as exclusion for the study. It has nothing to do with its clinical indications.
So does that mean it will or won't exclude people with TMJ? Either way I can't imagine Michigan and Minnesota will have the same criteria, or I hope not anyway for everyone's sake.

If I can get an appointment, I promise I'll stick around and share all the info/progress that would happen...

Not sure I will be eligible though, I've had tinnitus for 15 years, it was kind of funny to see the question about how long you've had tinnitus, and the answer choice of longer or less than 3 months...

Is there any scientific evidence that after 3 months tinnitus becomes chronic, or that neuroplasticity wouldn't work properly?

Additionally, I am a 45-year-old musician working in studio during the week and traveling for gigs almost every weekend so I am afraid they just tell me it won't work for me.

Anyways if Neuromod gave me a chance to try Lenire, I would be booking my flights as soon as possible...

Wow, I take a few days off from here and here we are! Awesome stuff.

The four appointment thing is the only bummer because I'd honestly schedule stuff right now if it was, say, two appointments. Four flights to Dublin may be a bit much for now... though I'm gonna start checking it out, lol.

I wonder if they'd consider a Skype visit like some doctors do for 1-2 of them; that would make things way more manageable/doable.

Good luck to all who get in on the ground floor!

So does that mean it will or won't exclude people with TMJ? Either way I can't imagine Michigan and Minnesota will have the same criteria, or I hope not anyway for everyone's sake.
I doubt very seriously that Neuromod would exclude patients with TMJ. Unless they just WANT to make less money.

You have nothing to worry about.

Just registered. Not sure how feasible it is for me to get to Dublin 3 times but I'd definitely pay the €2500. Let's see how the booking assessment goes...

My big concern is if it does it does not work on fairly high frequency ringing. I've got a totally steady 14 kHz ringing or so...

Hi guys. Back on after some time. Had a brief look at Neuromod's website yesterday.

Can't see where it says they're taking on patients. Has the peer review been done? Is it in the journal yet?

Sorry haven't been following for a while.

Hi guys. Back on after some time. Had a brief look at Neuromod's website yesterday.

Can't see where it says they're taking on patients. Has the peer review been done? Is it in the journal yet?

Sorry haven't been following for a while.
https://www.lenire.ie

Peer review is not done, but they are already taking appointments and selling the device for €2500 including all the visits required.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. A few months ago when I was struggling badly I would have gone in there and really paid anything for one. Now it's dependent on the peer review I think. I'm getting on a bit better with the tinnitus. Just ploughing on.

To be honest I didn't like the way they just blanked @Markku and @Steve after the interview. I also sent messages to Ross O'Neill on LinkedIn and he also stopped responding.

All in all it left a bad taste in my mouth.

No peer review, no sale, I think. I think the press need to be notified that this untested product is out again making extraordinary claims with no scientific proof.

Sorry, I know folks here are excited about this but let's face it, they have had best part of a year for the peer review. Maybe @Steve can chase up on that. Otherwise it's just another gimmick. Their trial with 500 people is meaningless without it being rubber stamped.

I'm going to PM Ross O'Neill again today.

EDIT: Sent the message. I'll update you guys if I get a response.

They are credible - this is why:

- Neuromod has around 10 years worth of history. They are not in for a quick buck.
- They got approval in the Europe.
- They are targeting FDA approval in 2019.
- There are members here that benefited from it.
- They organized the largest clinical trials in tinnitus history and showed a reduction in tinnitus loudness.

I personally don't get obsessed with "official approvals". There are a lot of drugs on the market that have been approved for years and have permanent side effects that laboratories deny.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. A few months ago when I was struggling badly I would have gone in there and really paid anything for one. Now it's dependent on the peer review I think. I'm getting on a bit better with the tinnitus. Just ploughing on.

To be honest I didn't like the way they just blanked @Markku and @Steve after the interview. I also sent messages to Ross O'Neill on LinkedIn and he also stopped responding.

No peer review, no sale, I think. I think the press need to be notified that this untested product is out again making extraordinary claims with no scientific proof.

Sorry, I know folks here are excited about this but let's face it, they have had best part of a year for the peer review. Maybe @Steve can chase up on that. Otherwise it's just another gimmick. Their trial with 500 people is meaningless without it being rubber stamped.

What a change of attitude.

A couple of months ago you were first in line to go with Neuromod.

Did your tinnitus improve so much or you just cope with it better?

Not sure I will be eligible though, I've had tinnitus for 15 years, it was kind of funny to see the question about how long you've had tinnitus, and the answer choice of longer or less than 3 months...

Is there any scientific evidence that after 3 months tinnitus becomes chronic, or that neuroplasticity wouldn't work properly?
I don't think you having it for 15 years is going to matter. I think they would exclude clients with tinnitus for under three months because there is still a chance that it could go away. It depends on who you ask, but from what I have read chronic is considered after having a medical issue for 6 months or longer.

upload_2019-6-7_9-41-50.jpeg

All it takes is one dead hair cell out of 20,000 to produce a ringing, which would be the equivalent of having one dead pixel on an LCD screen. You might not even notice something like that, but is technically hearing loss.
This is so far from the truth. Do we have a beginner's guide to tinnitus?

Agreed. I want to see results. They use fairly vague terms about tinnitus improvement. Worst thing would be to pay all that money and not see the kind of change you hoped for. Fingers crossed we'll hear positive things!

They have Hubert Lim from Minnesota as their Chief Science Officer. I don't know why everyone thinks it's a scam.

@kelpiemsp had amazing results with it. And we still have @Clare B from the Neuromod trial.

I will say though, that they REALLY need better communication. They need to actually talk to their patients.

They are credible - this is why:

- Neuromod has around 10 years worth of history. They are not in for a quick buck.
- They got approval in the Europe.
- They are targeting FDA approval in 2019.
- There are members here that benefited from it.
- They organized the largest clinical trials in tinnitus history and showed a reduction in tinnitus loudness.
Ok, I might have missed this but where are people getting 2019 for potential FDA approval?

I mean I am all for it but I can't recall this being said.

Thanks!

This is so far from the truth. Do we have a beginner's guide to tinnitus?
Hey, if you want to fight semantics be my guest. I mean, if there's one thing that keeps coming up again and again it's people claiming they have tinnitus with no hearing loss and replies saying "you have it, you just don't realize it".

Ok, I might have missed this but where are people getting 2019 for potential FDA approval?

I mean I am all for it but I can't recall this being said.

Thanks!
In the Q&A video, I don't recall which question, but I am very sure the CEO, Ross O'Neill, said, we are targeting FDA approval in the calendar year 2019.

They have Hubert Lim from Minnesota as their Chief Science Officer. I don't know why everyone thinks it's a scam.

@kelpiemsp had amazing results with it. And we still have @Clare B from the Neuromod trial.

I will say though, that they REALLY need better communication. They need to actually talk to their patients.
Some people refuse to believe that this can work even with scientific data in their face. They either think it's too good to be true or believe that science is some type of witch craft beyond human understanding. They don't seem to understand there is science that is backing this and not some bullshit snake oil.

If MuteButton had never happened maybe there would be less cynicism. I wholeheartedly agree that there should be peer review and that Neuromod should be pressed on this issue, but I'd stop short of implications that they're deliberately avoiding it because they know this thing doesn't really work. I mean, once this thing goes into wide release the testimonials will speak volumes, peer review or no peer review. If it doesn't work this will all go down like a house of cards in short order, so I don't see why Neuromod could possibly think they could get away with a scam for long. I mean, is Hubert Lim preparing a Swiss bank account and his passport as we speak? ;)

Agreed. I want to see results. They use fairly vague terms about tinnitus improvement. Worst thing would be to pay all that money and not see the kind of change you hoped for. Fingers crossed we'll hear positive things!

Remember they'll give you a fairly extensive assessment to make sure you'll benefit from the treatment, for the cost of €250,-. Once you get the device and pay 'all that money', I'd say there's a huge probability it will work for you. Worst case scenario, you leave with a clear referral for another treatment (hopefully) and extensive data on your tinnitus situation.

We'll ain't that something...

If MuteButton had never happened maybe there would be less cynicism. I wholeheartedly agree that there should be peer review and that Neuromod should be pressed on this issue, but I'd stop short of implications that they're deliberately avoiding it because they know this thing doesn't really work. I mean, once this thing goes into wide release the testimonials will speak volumes, peer review or no peer review. If it doesn't work this will all go down like a house of cards in short order, so I don't see why Neuromod could possibly think they could get away with a scam for long. I mean, is Hubert Lim preparing a Swiss bank account and his passport as we speak? ;)
Here's the thing, one day a treatment or cure is coming.

I wholeheartedly believe this is the first treatment. And for many mild sufferers, I think it will knock out their tinnitus.

Tinnitus could now be a treatable condition.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now