Magnesium

A couple of years before my last T increase, I'm pretty sure magnesium put an end to a long period of insomnia for me. I'm on 600mg a day now, because I guess it can't hurt, but I'm not sure it's had an effect on my T.

If magnesium deficiency and T are indeed connected, it's also interesting because in the year before my worsening, I lost 66 pounds. And weight loss is definitely connected to magnesium deficiency. And heightened cortisol.

Hello,

Do you do cures of Magnesium or do you take it every day throughout the year ?

Best,

Christophe

Too much magnesium will be expelled by the kidneys. Hence why one side effect with too much magnesium is diarrhea and kidney stones. I would expect magnesium to not do much if it's a few weeks after tinnitus first started. You can help damaged cochlea nerve cells from dying but you can't bring them back to life. Magnesium helps in removing free radicals.

Too much magnesium will be expelled by the kidneys. Hence why one side effect with too much magnesium is diarrhea and kidney stones. I would expect magnesium to not do much if it's a few weeks after tinnitus first started. You can help damaged cochlea nerve cells from dying but you can't bring them back to life. Magnesium helps in removing free radicals.
I wonder, can the nerve itself reccover?
The haircells might be gone, but nerves do fix themselfs no?

I wonder, can the nerve itself reccover?
The haircells might be gone, but nerves do fix themselfs no?

Dead nerve cells can't recover. However nerve cells might be damaged and headed for death unless many different antioxidants such as magnesium prevent it from happening. A study has shown that taking one antioxidant alone isn't as good as taking different kinds such as A,C,E, NAC, etc...

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/29/45/14077

The damage can happen over a period of many months.

The problem is you don't know what these antioxidants are doing to the body. Long term effects of taking them for years may cause other things far worse than T. Supplements are poorly studied and even more poorly regulated so it's really like the Wild West.

Greetings,
I hear a lot about T sufferers avoiding or cutting down on salt (Sodium) in foods because it effects tinnitus, however I read that many are taking magnesium, but I think there maybe a high salt content in magnesium, does anyone have knowledge about this and educate me on this? or even opinions?

MY4 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH MAGNESIUM.

Why magnesium is not working for you:

-You don't take the right form;
-You don't take it at the right time;
-You don't take it long enough;
-You don't take it at the right for you dosage.

Magnesium Chloride was the first supplement to try when my T started getting very loud.
And fortunately it did work for me actually it is the reason I am still alive. My T is noise induces and it is killer loud i feel it all over my head and it somehow on waves SSSSsssssSHHHHHsssss living hell, not maskable. When is very bad I want to snap my clothes. As I also have high freq hearing loss i have tried hearing aids but they only making it worse.
Thanks to god that he has created magnesium and make it available on the Earth.
What magnesium does for me is make my T constant not on wave and lower it a couple of notches and this is for me a "cure". Yes I still have it but with level which I am OK habituation possible.

I don't know it could be placebo effect but I don't care I like that placebo effect, it makes me function normal. I even found the results about the the double blind control trial of magnesium posted here in TT by Markku that shows that magnesium doesn't work for tinnitus I don't believe this trials today they are done everywhere and done by everyone even from not qualified people. Take for example the trial for TRT million of dollars was invested no results publicated and they will never be.

It works the best for me when I take it before bed a couple of hours after my last meal it make me slightly dizzy then I know it will work.
I have tried to take it after meal but it doesn't seem to work this way the stomach should be empty for proper absorption. And I only take half tablet my one are 500mg and it does the trick.

My recommendation:

1. Take it a couple of hours after your meal before bed this is very important (the stomach must be empty)
2.Try Magnesium Chloride as this what I have been taking on and off for 4 years.
3.Take it at least for 3 weeks if you T is noise induces you are good candidate for magnesium.
4. Always consult your physician before taking any supplements.

"Don't feel robbed of silence you will have it plenty when you die"

"BrStan"

Take for example the trial for TRT million of dollars was invested no results publicated and they will never be.

I don't know if you're looking for something very specific, but there are quite a few results on pubmed about studies involving TRT.

I've been taking Magnesium Citrate for several months for my tinnitus but it has not helped. Maybe I should try some of the other magnesium forms such as threonate or glycenate. Which works best for you guys?

Have you tried acupuncture for tinnitus? Or any other treatments or supplements?
Sadly no. Well, I've tried some supplements (Ginkgo, Zinc, b12, garlic and cod liver oil) but nothing like acupuncture or massage etc. I really should but it's hard to figure out who to go to without wasting my money. Have you had any luck yourself?

Is this a safe magnesium pill? Just checking to be sure.

Contains: Magnesium (elemental), Cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), hypromellose.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now