Medical Reasons for Drop in Tinnitus?

Amelia

Author
Sep 14, 2013
Australia
Tinnitus Since
08/2013
So, this is a very strange question (and I hope it doesn't upset anyone) but in the last few days I've noticed at times my T has dropped in its volume - or at least my perceived volume of it. Not all the time, but sometimes I'm not noticing it which is unusual for me.

2 nights ago I woke and actually couldn't hear it. At all. And funnily enough it took me a really long time to fall back asleep because I was so unnerved by it. I'm so used to the sound. Not that I like it, but I'm just used to it. The silence hasn't continued unfortunately.

I guess I'm asking because if anyone saw my last post, I'm dealing with heavy some health anxiety right now, and my brain is telling me something awful must be happening/has happened to me to see a change in my T. I read something that someone had a stroke and his T disappeared. Not that I have any stroke signs but my anxiety brain is going into overdrive.

I have chronic sinusitis (loads of one sided facial pressure), low blood pressure causing dizziness along with the anxiety. I'm also recovering from being hospitalised due to pneumonia in the last 3 weeks. But at the moment I'm not on any medication, and haven't been apart from the IV antibiotics in hospital.

I know logically these things combined should make my T worse if anything. I just need a bit of reassurance that only positive things make T drop.

Thanks xxx

Hi Amelia,

Have you been to the doctor recently to get blood work done, blood pressure checked? I think this would be a good start to confirm that everything is fine.

The iv meds might be helping and mucous shifting.

Hope it continues so try relax and stay calm and enjoy Christmas.. .lots of love glynis

So, this is a very strange question (and I hope it doesn't upset anyone) but in the last few days I've noticed at times my T has dropped in its volume - or at least my perceived volume of it. Not all the time, but sometimes I'm not noticing it which is unusual for me.

2 nights ago I woke and actually couldn't hear it. At all. And funnily enough it took me a really long time to fall back asleep because I was so unnerved by it. I'm so used to the sound. Not that I like it, but I'm just used to it. The silence hasn't continued unfortunately.

I guess I'm asking because if anyone saw my last post, I'm dealing with heavy some health anxiety right now, and my brain is telling me something awful must be happening/has happened to me to see a change in my T. I read something that someone had a stroke and his T disappeared. Not that I have any stroke signs but my anxiety brain is going into overdrive.

I have chronic sinusitis (loads of one sided facial pressure), low blood pressure causing dizziness along with the anxiety. I'm also recovering from being hospitalised due to pneumonia in the last 3 weeks. But at the moment I'm not on any medication, and haven't been apart from the IV antibiotics in hospital.

I know logically these things combined should make my T worse if anything. I just need a bit of reassurance that only positive things make T drop.

Thanks xxx
Were you on steroids Amelia?

Recently had a bad skin infection, was very painful, lasted two weeks, four days in bed - t was in the background as I was concentrating on the discomfort so much. I did at times perceive it lower, almost as a brain plasticity thing taking place...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now