• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Medicare Denied MRA Order to Investigate Pulsatile Tinnitus

corvid100

Author
Nov 24, 2021
seattle
Tinnitus Since
08/2021
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I've had high pitched, hissing pulsatile tinnitus for several months. I finally got into a an ENT that ordered an MRA. I called to schedule the appointment and found that the order was denied. I've emailed the office and let them know, so hopefully they can say the magic words, so I can get this done.

Anyone else have any experience with getting Medicare to approve an MRA?

Thanks.

I'm sorry it was denied. Have you heard back? If you're unable to get an MRA through your ENT, get one, including an MRI and MRV through a neurologist or even better, a neurointerventional radiologist.

I've had mine denied before, not through Medicaid though, but by my ENT.

I then went to a neurologist and got approved. They also got me in stat for the next day.

I have found people need to lie about their symptoms. You need to tell them you have headaches and have had several pre-syncope episodes also. Talking about noise in your head will likely get you nowhere.

Well, I was finally able to get the MRA approved and had it a couple of weeks ago.

What I did was change doctors. The new doctor was much more experienced and knew how to write up the order in way that it was approved with no problem. Nothing found on the scan that could be a cause for the pulsatile tinnitus, but on the other hand, nothing bad found either.

I've learned you really have to advocate for yourself, because the system certainly isn't going to.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now