• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Menthol/Cold Sensation in Ears

I have this same icy hot / cold burning sensation in both ears for the past few days after I accidentally dropped my phone on the floor and it made a loud bang. I started TRT for hyperacusis 3 months ago and was slowly improving but now I feel very discouraged. Seems like a big set back and not sure what to do.

I am relieved to read these responses because I felt crazy! I thought the first day that maybe it's because I had too much turmeric! I may have a bit of a cold coming on but here and there, it feels like a cold burn in my ears and even in my throat a touch. As if a cold wind is in there, or I'm breathing in super minty toothpaste! It's not sore per say when I feel this. Maybe it's a viral infection?

Hi there, I've been having this cold wet sensation in my left ear for most of 2020 but as you can't see a gp just hoped that it would resolve itself and go away, but it hasn't. I've had tinnitus for over 20+ years and learnt how to live with it.
Did anyone get an answer from Ent or gp's about this cold wet sensation in our ears.

Hi there, I've been having this cold wet sensation in my left ear for most of 2020 but as you can't see a gp just hoped that it would resolve itself and go away, but it hasn't. I've had tinnitus for over 20+ years and learnt how to live with it.
Did anyone get an answer from Ent or gp's about this cold wet sensation in our ears.
Sorry to hear that you are suffering from this too. I never got an answer, although I suspect in my case its probably nerve damage. I don't feel this cold sensation so often now.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now