• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Mild Tinnitus Got Worse After Sudden Firecracker Sound During a Twitch Stream

Yu.3

Author
Podcast Patron
Benefactor
Jan 30, 2017
Tinnitus Since
08/2005
Cause of Tinnitus
maybe listen music too loud
Hi everyone,

After seven years of mild tinnitus, I'm here again because, 40 days ago, my tinnitus became very loud due to noise trauma from earbuds (a firecracker sound lasting 3 seconds came out of nowhere during a Twitch stream). The two main tones are a common high-pitched electrical noise that fluctuates.

I have been suffering a lot during these 40 days.

Three days after the noise trauma, I started taking Prednisone, but it hasn't helped.

I don't know what to do, and I'm unsure if the situation will improve or not.

Did it come from the stream itself? Jeez, that's terrible. I really hope that things get better for you soon.

I was fiddling around in Audacity last year and accidentally blasted some static sound into my headphones at almost max volume. I had my hand on the spacebar and stopped it immediately. I ran right downstairs and took some NAC and Magnesium. I never got a spike or an increased volume, which I'm so grateful for. I felt so stupid afterward. :banghead:

Did it come from the stream itself? Jeez, that's terrible.
Yeah, my left ear is probably a little bit worse now. I have some reactivity to certain frequencies and a sort of distortion of certain sounds. It's not severe, but it's there.

Tinnitus depends. The first weeks were tragic. Last week was moderate, and now I've had two good days.

I remain worried about reactivity and distortions.

If you are improving SO MUCH after JUST a few weeks, it's a reason for huge celebrations! It shows that healing is in process in a noticeable way. If you had known in the beginning that after some weeks you'd have good days, you would have been ecstatic.

I am now one week after an acoustic trauma that spiked my mild tinnitus and waiting to be where you are now.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now