• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Multivitamin without Making Tinnitus Worse?

I take tesco multivitamins and fine with them
..lots of love glynis

I think you are worrying over nothing. My tinnitus is variable and can be quite severe at times. I take a few herbal meds and a daily mulitivitamin and doesn't make my tinnitus worse. Pick a multivitamin you like and try to forget about tinnitus.

Hi All!

What multi vitamin do you take that you are SURE won't make tinnitus worse?

Thank you!
Goodness Marie, do you really worry over stuff like this?

Have you thought about what the water you drink contains? Look it up and you might start worrying if it makes your tinnitus worse.

You need to get over the obsession and anxiety. Haven't the countless doctors you've seen suggest that?

It feels to me that every day you erase all the advice you've been given here, and start from scratch. Get a grip woman.

All questions are equally important by any member as its important to them...lots of love glynis

Agree with glynis Amber. We are all friends here that come from different walks with different perspectives.
Marie was simply asking. Marie, I believe any generic multi-vitamin available at a grocery store is fine. What I take and btw, that is the only pill I take each day. I stopped experimenting with supplements over and above a MV because I found no difference in my health.
I wish they would come up with a bonafide pill for T.:)

I think your concerns are warranted for sure. certain supplements and multivitamins, which can have other ingredients like herbal complexes, causes spikes in T because there are certain defense chemicals in herbs that will spike T.

I recently started back on multivitamins. Im very picky about them. I used to take a lot but stopped because I didn't feel forcing hard objects like tablets down my esophagus on a daily basis was a good idea so I was looking towards liquid ones. But I also don't like any with synthetic sources and many do come from synthetic lab sources. But last week I finally found one I was happy with by a brand called MaryRuth Organics. They make a morning and evening one and they both go hand in hand and I have had no spikes from it. The morning one is a raspberry flavor which has the majority of your vitamins and the evening is coconut which has the calcium, magnesium and a few other things.

Hope this helps

This is pretty simple. If you're worried about a multivitamin spiking your tinnitus, don't take a multivitamin. Who really needs those things, anyway?

I don't know about the US but I just looked mine up and it contains more or less just vitamins. EU laws are more strict with all random synthetic stuff, and I have never gotten any issues with multivitamin (the pills and the dissolving ones), and unless you munch way more than you should then it is fine.

This is pretty simple. If you're worried about a multivitamin spiking your tinnitus, don't take a multivitamin. Who really needs those things, anyway?
A multi vitamin should improve your hearing and therefore you should hear your tinnitus more clearly.;)

I have to laugh at the criticism of asking a question? Jesus. Isn't that what the forum is for? A whole bunch of things spike tinnitus. Why not be able to ask about taking a multiple vitamin without being flamed for it?

@stophiss , I honestly was not trying to sound like a jerk. I've obsessively worried about what could spike my tinnitus before as well, so I'm not judging anyone and I have empathy towards anyone suffering. I just think multivitamins are a waste of money for the majority of the population, so if someone is worrying about taking one, don't take one.

Goodness Marie, do you really worry over stuff like this?

Have you thought about what the water you drink contains? Look it up and you might start worrying if it makes your tinnitus worse.

You need to get over the obsession and anxiety. Haven't the countless doctors you've seen suggest that?

It feels to me that every day you erase all the advice you've been given here, and start from scratch. Get a grip woman.

All you do in this forum is spread your negative behavior. Just because you cant hold it together doesnt mean you have to express your anger here.

I hope I don't cause a problem here...but in one sense I agreed with Amber. I am new to posting here so...don't know about most of the regular posters. But when someone like Amber is suffering with intrusive tinnitus issues - constant questions with advise that is not taken or responded to - can give some people that same anger feeling.

I have responded a few times to Marie's posts in the past and felt a bit ignored for my time? It isn't that I expect anything in return but it is nice to know if something one took time writing is at the least heard.

Anxiety and obsession is a big part of our issue with tinnitus.

@stophiss , I honestly was not trying to sound like a jerk. I've obsessively worried about what could spike my tinnitus before as well, so I'm not judging anyone and I have empathy towards anyone suffering. I just think multivitamins are a waste of money for the majority of the population, so if someone is worrying about taking one, don't take one.
Cool Jacob...and thanks for clarifying.
Agree. To me they are an insurance policy..and cheap. If you eat a balanced diet including appropriate fruits and vegetables etc, then your diet should cover the vitamin spectrum. But many people don't.
I am in the MV camp but understand how you feel because many believe getting vitamins in a more organic manner is healthier.

I hope I don't cause a problem here...but in one sense I agreed with Amber. I am new to posting here so...don't know about most of the regular posters. But when someone like Amber is suffering with intrusive tinnitus issues - constant questions with advise that is not taken or responded to - can give some people that same anger feeling.

I have responded a few times to Marie's posts in the past and felt a bit ignored for my time? It isn't that I expect anything in return but it is nice to know if something one took time writing is at the least heard.

Anxiety and obsession is a big part of our issue with tinnitus.
Agree...Marie doesn't respond to a lot of posters who make an effort to help her.

Now there maybe many reasons for this:
1. she doesn't like the answers
2. she has WB aka writers's block...and needs an intervention but not necessarily an excorcism which may also help her T.
3. she believes the world revolves around her
4. she spends too much time with devil worship which doesn't teach the golden rule.
5. she's absent minded and forgot she posted a question
6. her computer rarely works properly and therefore when she starts to write a response, it freezes up
7. she has arthritis and typing hurts her fingers
8. she maybe dyslexic and therefore all responses read like profanity
9. lastly, she doesn't eat a balanced diet and by not taking a multi-vitamin she isn't as clear eyed about responding appropriately.

I'm also starting to think that a spike in my tinnitus might be caused by a multivitamin I have taken. i have tried it for several week and noticed a slight increase. then come off them and noticed a slight decrease. hard to be sure but i have tried several times now. I'm actually wondering if it's the mineral content rather than the vitamins. I have tried taking magnesium supplement in the past over the course of a month and my tinnitus got worse. it's hard to know though if this is the cause or something else. what I try and do is just to only change one thing at a time in my diet and then to go back to it later once things have calmed down to see if it makes my tinnitus worse. interestingly enough I have taken cod liver oil and vitamin b and folic acid and possibly seen a small improvement. but again something i need to start taking again to see if its just coincidence. I think small methodical changes are key. the changes haven't been dramatic though. but there have been a couple of rare periods in the last year where my tinnitus has got so low I almost forget about it. but generally I struggle to sleep because of it is pretty unpleasant.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now