My Posting Place

Things that make you go hmmm
Untitled.png

Lmao they deleted the evidence :ROFL:
Or maybe the thread went totally haywire and required some major cleaning. HanaK was trying to ask people what positives others have found from tinnitus (which obviously some have!). Do you really think she wanted to get the choir of doom and gloom to the thread stating all the negative aspects of tinnitus (which obviously exists as well!), when it clearly asked to list positives?

Sometimes I just get so tired of all of this. If a person with a hint of positivity comes along, god forbid, it will not be allowed by some of you...

I consider my tinnitus to be damn severe, isn't it when only the shower masks it and I'm now listening to loud fan going on next to me, yet I still hear the damn noise. Yet I don't bring other people down or make a mockery of their threads.

BEHAVE!

Or maybe the thread went totally haywire and required some major cleaning. HanaK was trying to ask people what positives others have found from tinnitus (which obviously some have!). Do you really think she wanted to get the choir of doom and gloom to the thread stating all the negative aspects of tinnitus (which obviously exists as well!), when it clearly asked to list positives?

Sometimes I just get so tired of all of this. If a person with a hint of positivity comes along, god forbid, it will not be allowed by some of you...

I consider my tinnitus to be damn severe, isn't it when only the shower masks it and I'm now listening to loud fan going on next to me, yet I still hear the damn noise. Yet I don't bring other people down or make a mockery of their threads.

BEHAVE!

Well done, folks! :facepalm:

The OP in question just asked us to deactivate her account. She even took the blame, thinking that she somehow offended people, when in fact it was you guys misbehaving.

Thanks a bunch for scaring off our members. Pretty soon we'll only have MPP left and can close up shop.

You know, you really don't need to make anyone who doesn't fit your narrative feel like a sub-human or something.

The OP in question just asked us to deactivate her account. She even took the blame, thinking that she somehow offended people, when in fact it was you guys misbehaving.

Thanks a bunch for scaring off our members. Pretty soon we'll only have MPP left and can close up shop.

You know, you really don't need to make anyone who doesn't fit your narrative feel like a sub-human or something.
Well did you? I'd like to DM her and apologize first.

Edit: she doesn't allow DMs. So if you can just tell her that TFF apologizes and was trying to answer the question instead of shooting down her as a person

Well did you? I'd like to DM her and apologize first.

Edit: she doesn't allow DMs. So if you can just tell her that TFF apologizes and was trying to answer the question instead of shooting down her as a person

Thanks for that, I do appreciate it.

Yeah, she already left, but I emailed her with an apology, so maybe she'll be back.

Tbh, I was more upset with Bam's 'wonderful' contribution to that thread than yours (you might not have seen it, cos it got deleted pretty quickly). But yours wasn't that pretty either.

Thanks for that, I do appreciate it.

Yeah, she already left, but I emailed her with an apology, so maybe she'll be back.

Tbh, I was more upset with Bam's 'wonderful' contribution to that thread than yours (you might not have seen it, cos it got deleted pretty quickly). But yours wasn't that pretty either.
For the record Bam's a good guy.

Yeah I think I should have made it more clear by saying I didn't like the idea of tinnitus having positives explicitly, instead of not saying it and leaving people to infer I didn't like the post itself/user.

The main reason I was upset was because someone decided to VPN-bomb my straw poll. But that's partly my fault because those things are so easy to rig.

Thanks for apologizing for me I don't want other people thinking leaving thinking TT is bad. Part of what me and Glynis are doing on other sites is defending its rep and this probably didn't help.

IamCalifornia, wrote my bro...when I get the Costa Rica info I will pass on to you.
I am taking a break from here. I'll be following John Adams progress, and the neuromodulation scams, I mean treatments when they finally come to market. Wishing you all well. I wished Ed209 a speedy recovery. Mind you I am brain damaged, so maybe I missed something. Thanks for your support, will check in a few weeks after I cool down.
Again, sorry if I've offended anybody.
Sincerely Daniel

Lol we're the sub humans. I thought that's what MPP was for.

upload_2019-3-15_12-53-19.png

PJ: I believe it will be impossible to find a medication to cure tinnitus (meaning removing the tinnitus perception) because the neurophysiological mechanisms involved in tinnitus perception are too intertwined with the normal function of the auditory system (e.g., it is possible to evoke tinnitus just by spending a few minutes in a very quiet environment). I remain skeptical about medications for the cure of tinnitus. I have an ongoing bet with one prominent tinnitus researcher and clinician about when a cure will emerge, and I keep winning free beer each time we meet and there is still no cure. It is important to realize that TRT offers not only effective treatment for tinnitus but also treats related symptoms like anxiety and depression associated with tinnitus.

https://metro-hearing-tinnitus.com/p-jastreboff-trt/

I stand corrected, he didn't say we shouldn't fund research for a cure, or that there would never be one.
He simply said he bets no medication will achieve this, and that people shouldn't focus on research, the latter I disagree with.

upload_2019-3-15_16-0-3.png

Ok Action on Hearing Loss, I'm sure the gerbils appreciated that. Why didn't anyone follow through with human studies? That was 7 years ago. What in the world?

View attachment 27662

Ok Action on Hearing Loss, I'm sure the gerbils appreciated that. Why didn't anyone follow through with human studies? That was 7 years ago. What in the world?

Officially, the DoD shut the program down and destroyed all gerbils participating in the program, because of national security concerns.

Unofficially, the program continues to this day, under a different name, and many of the gerbil-sized drones being deployed overseas are in fact Super Gerbils - a growing population of previously-deaf gerbils that were accidentally enhanced 7 years ago with a secret serum what would have been a cure for tinnitus and hearing loss in humans.

Or at least that's the word on the street...

Officially, the DoD shut the program down and destroyed all gerbils participating in the program, because of national security concerns.

Unofficially, the program continues to this day, under a different name, and many of the gerbil-sized drones being deployed overseas are in fact Super Gerbils - a growing population of previously-deaf gerbils that were accidentally enhanced 7 years ago with a secret serum what would have been a cure for tinnitus and hearing loss in humans.

Or at least that's the word on the street...
Seriously though, is there a good reason?

View attachment 27656
PJ: I believe it will be impossible to find a medication to cure tinnitus (meaning removing the tinnitus perception) because the neurophysiological mechanisms involved in tinnitus perception are too intertwined with the normal function of the auditory system (e.g., it is possible to evoke tinnitus just by spending a few minutes in a very quiet environment). I remain skeptical about medications for the cure of tinnitus. I have an ongoing bet with one prominent tinnitus researcher and clinician about when a cure will emerge, and I keep winning free beer each time we meet and there is still no cure. It is important to realize that TRT offers not only effective treatment for tinnitus but also treats related symptoms like anxiety and depression associated with tinnitus.

https://metro-hearing-tinnitus.com/p-jastreboff-trt/

I stand corrected, he didn't say we shouldn't fund research for a cure, or that there would never be one.
He simply said he bets no medication will achieve this, and that people shouldn't focus on research, the latter I disagree with.
Where he said we shouldn't fund it was at the TRI in 2018, this interview was in 2015.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now