Neomycin Drop Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by StephanieLC, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      I don't.

It would be helpful in cases like this if you provided a link to where you read it. Besides, you haven't mentioned being deaf....

It is unlikely that 3 drops did any damage. The reality is that you will never know the cause of tinnitus with certainty (e.g., it could be from the perforated ear drum), and it really doesn't matter at this point.

Additionally, I know of no evidence that neomycin would cause thumping, fullness, or sharp shooting pains even in the affected ear much less the other one.

If you stopped using the ear drops and didn't get anything else, you might want to have someone look at your ear to make sure you don't have an infection - that could cause the sharp shooting pains.

Beyond that, you might want to try to address the anxiety. It may or may not be the cause, but it isn't helping any of this. Related to that, it would help if you stopped looking for other people in "similar" situations. The reality is that we are all different so that finding someone who appears similar to you and did or didn't get better provides essentially no information about what caused your symptoms or about what will happen to you.

2. Craig Oldfield

Craig Oldfield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin (Otomize spray)
      Hi Stephanie - Did your tinnitus go away?

I also used a spray with Neomycin in it and immediately started getting tinnitus. I have no perforation of the eardrum.

3. Genesis

Genesis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin drops
      Does anyone have any updates? I too am suffering from tinnitus, caused by, I believe, the Neomycin drops.

The tinnitus started on day 4 & I took them for a week. Entering month 3 with tinnitus.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      2 questions:
      1. Did you have a perforated ear drum when you put the drops in?
      2. What did you get these drops prescribed for?