• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Neosensory — Bimodal Stimulation Device for Tinnitus: Any Reviews? A Scam or Not?

This is my assessment of Julian Cowan Hill:

"Hill opines throughout the Year,
Claiming to silence the Ear;
But holes in his Theory,
Made us quite Leery,
When failures were posted on Here."

To Linari5:

Go to MSN, type in "Julian Cowan Hill", then scroll down to "Julian Cowan Hill / Success Stories / Tinnitus Talk."

You will see "Bad Experience With Julian Cowan Hill."

There are numerous entries.

Read what BAM had to say about him.

Also, type in "Allan McMillan" and read his entry.

Especially, see "Corinna" (or just type in her name here).

Corinna's was so devastating that Hill read it and made a barely coherent reply.

Read my entry to Julian Cowan Hill dated March 1, 2021. This is the most egregious example of his quackery.

Also, I located another damning report about him from Hotspur2931 (dated 06/18/20) who had a Skype session with him.

So I've returned my Buzz. It didn't benefit me at all after using it for 2 months.

All I can say is that my tinnitus is not due to hearing loss (I have done 2 separate hearing tests and an OAE test). I think it's related to some circulatory problem.

At this point, I wouldn't even bother trying this device. I'm just going to wait for whatever Dr. Susan Shore releases in 2022.

Everyone here complains this device didn't work because it didn't cure their tinnitus. It never claimed to do that!

Everyone here complains this device didn't work because it didn't cure their tinnitus. It never claimed to do that!
If I gave the impression I was complaining about it, then that is not what I was trying to convey. I felt like maybe it was helping, but I couldn't justify the cost at the time with how unsure I was about any progress I may or may not have made.

An accurate statement would be: People here tried it, but it made very little, or no difference in their tinnitus. Not enough to justify the price at least. That was my experience.

Truthfully no one expected a cure.

So I just created an account to talk about my experience with the Neosensory Duo.

I've been using it for about 5 weeks, and there is a slight improvement. Primarily in that I don't tend to get woken up by tinnitus spikes anymore, and I've noticed that my tinnitus has become less bothersome when I am watching TV.

Now the improvement is definitely not what I was hoping for as I was really hoping that the volume of my tinnitus would drop, but it really hasn't.

One thing that does occur is for around 30 minutes after using the device my tinnitus changes to become, like a fizz. So instead of a tone, or tones in my case, I hear this fizzing. Only other time I've heard this kind of tinnitus is when I've felt lightheaded like I'm going to faint. I can't tell if this is re-active tinnitus from listening to the tones, or if it's brought on by using the Duo. It's certainly less annoying than my regular tones, but it only lasts 30 minutes max.

I'm intrigued to find out if this means anything, and I have written to Neosensory to ask them if the fizz sound indicates that a certain outcome will be achieved or not.

I'm going to stick out the full 2 months, and may even give it a third as there is "some" improvement, just wish it was a bit more profound.

I have used mine for 4 days. Twice a day for 10 minutes. The high tones drove me to a spike that has me in a bad way. I emailed them and was told some people get spikes when they start but it goes back down, and others who reported spikes "did not finish the study."

Millions of people with tinnitus and they put this to market after a study of a handful of people with extremely mild tinnitus. I tried lowering the volume but either way the high tones are just terrible to listen to. I wanted to believe but again this seems to be more damaging than helpful.

I do not have hyperacusis other than sensitivity to high pitch squeals which is what this does.

I want to give everyone who might wish to try Neosensory's Duo a heads up about their pricing.

The pricing on the website is not immediately obvious. At first glance, the listed price looks like $249 for two months. Moreover, so says the FAQ, you can keep the device after paying for an additional two months of use. One would assume that this costs another $249. However, on closer inspection, the price is $249 per month. So, if you want to keep the device, you have to fork over $249 x 4 months.

I agree with the lawyers in the room that Neosensory does not overstep any legal boundaries: it's all there in smaller print. Moreover, I am not even questioning whether the device is worth $996. I am only saying it's slightly questionable to keep harking about two periods on their website while they charge per month.

I have noticed that their website has changed a bit since I bought (rented) the device, but I still think the pricing is less transparent than it ought to be. Therefore, as a concerned consumer, I wanted to share my experience with other tinnitus sufferers and give you all a heads up.

I want to give everyone who might wish to try Neosensory's Duo a heads up about their pricing.

The pricing on the website is not immediately obvious. At first glance, the listed price looks like $249 for two months. Moreover, so says the FAQ, you can keep the device after paying for an additional two months of use. One would assume that this costs another $249. However, on closer inspection, the price is $249 per month. So, if you want to keep the device, you have to fork over $249 x 4 months.

I agree with the lawyers in the room that Neosensory does not overstep any legal boundaries: it's all there in smaller print. Moreover, I am not even questioning whether the device is worth $996. I am only saying it's slightly questionable to keep harking about two periods on their website while they charge per month.

I have noticed that their website has changed a bit since I bought (rented) the device, but I still think the pricing is less transparent than it ought to be. Therefore, as a concerned consumer, I wanted to share my experience with other tinnitus sufferers and give you all a heads up.
It seems pretty clear to me what their pricing is.

The price wasn't confusing to me actually. They said clearly it's $249/month for two months. What's a little confusing is how they calculate the subscription date. I placed the order on 21st, and my next payment is on 27th next month. But my order won't be delivered until 30th this month.

I just bit the bullet and ordered this thing. Looks like reviews here haven't been that favorable, but if the band is able to give me even the slightest of relief from my crushing tinnitus, it'll be worth it to me so willing to give it a shot.

If folks are interested, I'd be happy to post my results, if any.

I just bit the bullet and ordered this thing. Looks like reviews here haven't been that favorable, but if the band is able to give me even the slightest of relief from my crushing tinnitus, it'll be worth it to me so willing to give it a shot.

If folks are interested, I'd be happy to post my results, if any.

Yes please do post your results. Would greatly appreciate any feedback on this!

I've been using Neosensory for about two weeks, so far I don't see any improvements yet. The device works like the tinnitus sound therapy from YouTube, which you are exposed to a sound very similar to your tinnitus noise, then in the next few seconds, you don't seem to hear the tinnitus. And after a while, it just came back. That's pretty much the device works like. Instead it may provide a longer relief (minutes probably), but nothing really changes after that.

I was suspicious about their advertisement at first with so-called more than 80% users report it's working. During the session I had with their partner audiologist, he told me that the sample size was pretty small and won't even disclose the actual number but instead told me it's at most 50-50. So I guess bit exaggeration in the advertisement.

Also, just FYI, I heard about this device from a YouTuber, Ben Thompson, who I think is sharing some useful information. He works for a company called Pure Tinnitus, and this company happens to be the partner of Neosensory.

Alright, I'm going to order it. If it actually works, obviously IDGAF about the cost. If it doesn't, I'll return it. Hopefully it doesn't make me worse.

Edit: Just ordered. No one get your hopes up, I doubt some random thing out of left field is going to make a difference, but my philosophy is either iterate on treatments or die.
Hi, have you noticed any improvement using the Neosensory wristband?

So I've had the Neosensory for about 4 weeks now, used it consistently for the first two weeks, then took a one week break because I went out of town, now back at it. When I have used it, I've worn it for about hour intervals several times throughout the day, sometimes even alternating wrists just to see if that had any effect.

Has it lessened my tinnitus? Nope, same intense level at all times. But, what the band has done though is reduce my reaction to the tinnitus, but only when I wear it and maybe for a few minutes afterwards. The band's buzzes correspond to the Neosensory app's ascending and descending tones. The tones are neither pleasant nor unpleasant, but that could be interpreted differently by others around. The relief I get from wearing it might be that the tones are masking the tinnitus. The band itself is very sensitive to noise and just wearing it alone without the app's beeps hasn't given me any relief.

Will I keep it? Most likely not. If I lived and worked in a quiet environment and with no others around, I might consider keeping it. But, I don't think that's feasible for me, especially given the cost of the device. I don't think I can justify forking out $500 for a short rental, or a thousand bucks to purchase the device for that minimal relief. Who knows: If things get really unbearable after I send it back, I could reconsider ordering it again.

Well, I hope I've given this device a fair chance so far. I'll give it a few more days, but unless I experience something miraculous, it's probably going back.

I got it for Xmas, used it twice, seems like it is making it a little worse. Don't know if this is normal or if I am using it correctly. Any advice here?

Does anyone know what the frequency range is of the tones? Bit the bullet and bought this but my tinnitus is high frequency range (14-15 kHz) and it doesn't seem like the high pitch tones get close to this range. I just emailed Neosensory to confirm but if anyone has any info here I'd appreciate them.

Does anyone know what the frequency range is of the tones? Bit the bullet and bought this but my tinnitus is high frequency range (14-15 kHz) and it doesn't seem like the high pitch tones get close to this range. I just emailed Neosensory to confirm but if anyone has any info here I'd appreciate them.
I just wanted to briefly add on to my experience, which could be helpful... I'm not sure what the frequency of the tones is, but I should mention that I couldn't hear the last 3 or 4 tones because of some of my HF hearing loss. I felt the buzzes though, and when I asked some family around I'd they could hear those notes, they were surprised I couldn't hear them.

How's the band going for you otherwise?

Hi @tofurky,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm calling Neosensory today to inquire about the range.
So for me I don't have any hearing loss according to 2 normal audiograms but I'm 36 and suspect based on online ultra HF hearing tests and my matched tinnitus tone pitch that I have normal ultra HF hearing loss for my age around 15-16 kHz.

As I suspect many people feel on this forum, I believe my tinnitus has another cause aside from normal age related hearing loss in that range, I have cervical injuries and an autoimmune disease.

That being said I actually get relief while using Neosensory and for a few minutes afterwards with residual inhibition but I'm skeptical about the long term results. HF ACRN gives me relief so I'm assuming Neosensory using a similar mechanism has the same temporary effect.

It's day 3 of 15 minutes twice daily so I'll report back after a month.

When I was using it, I had difficulty getting the wristband to vibrate at the last couple high pitched tones without turning the volume up to an uncomfortable level.

I would point my phone's speakers away from me, then position the wristband so it was up next to my phone's speakers. This allowed me to get the volume a little higher for the wristband to detect but wouldn't be too loud for my ears.

A follow up on the Neosensory Device.

NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

Actually, it kinda makes my tinnitus worse than before.

Neosensory is partnered with Treble Health, so you will have free consultation with their audiologist, but in the session, they will just try to sell you the sound masker by Treble Health, which is pretty expensive because of the so-called technology.

I tried the Neosensory unit. After three weeks, it made my tinnitus worse and I stopped using it. I encountered a similar experience over a dozen years ago when I tried Neuromonics and it made my tinnitus worse. Back then what I thought was bad was nothing compared to now. I suffer not only from tinnitus but from hyperacusis as well.

The tinnitus started about a month after some sinus surgery. Whether that caused it or not I do not know. It has grown progressively worse over the years and has ruined my life. The only thing that has ever worked for me is my meditation which I do every morning at around 6:00 am. It only quiets the tinnitus down around 40% of the time which means at least 60% of the time I am in tinnitus hell for the entire day. Because of the hyperacusis, I fear and void ALL sounds. I no longer go to concerts, bars, clubs, restaurants, anywhere where there is sound. Truly maddening.

Here is my meditation routine should you want to try it:

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now