Jamie m

Author
Mar 18, 2016
Tinnitus Since
3/13/16
Cause of Tinnitus
Music
Hello everyone!!!

So I'm day 39, and for the most part I'm doing better. But I want to have a drink tonight while watching Netflix. I'm nervous, I would have wine but I ran out, so beer it is! My question : when you drink, do you have a spike?

I would only be drinking one.

Ps. Coffee has no affect on me

Thanks

Jamie

So I'm day 39, and for the most part I'm doing better. But I want to have a drink tonight while watching Netflix. I'm nervous, I would have wine but I ran out, so beer it is! My question : when you drink, do you have a spike?
Enjoy your beer, you will be fine! Alcohol has no effect on my tinnitus. And even from all the people who I have seen say it makes it worse, I have never seen anyone say it made it permanently worse. It's always temporary.

-Mike

Doesent seem to affect me when I drink beer but with wine it does....:(
Exercise seems like it makes the t go away for a little while anyway.......

Hmm I drink still. In fact my T goes away when I'm drunk and comes back when I'm sober. It's weird. I was never that heavy of a drinker though

Okay, so I had the beer. And it was bad. And I couldn't sleep. I got s big spike that hasn't gone down yet :(

Sorry @Mario martz I wish I had better news
My Uncle has loud T and spends nearly every weekend bladdered in the pub.His T is always louder the next day before settling,it never made his T permanently worse so try not to worry Jamie:)

How long will this spike last :( it's so loud and my anxiety is not helping. I'm freaking out that I messed up

Jamie try to relax, dont worry it will come down.
when i eat to much salt i get the some kind of spikes
but they eventually go away after a few hours, try to drink water.
to get it out of your system

Thanks everyone! It's still being loud! But knowing it will go down makes me feel better. I have a headache know close to the left ear. It's probably because of no sleep.

The odd drink can do you the world of good and help you relax .
Life is about enjoyment so don't let tinnitus spoil what you like with in reason....lots of love glynis

@Paul82 thanks I was just wondering

@glynis I was enjoying it at first and then boom!! It started to increase in volume and I didn't sleep at all last night. I didn't cry for a week I was so proud of myself and then last night couldn't stop into the morning. ;(

See how you go on with the odd drink but don't over do it as it can spike tinnitus for some.
A good cry can do you good as it's out bodies emotional responce off loading.
Think I might have a glass of something nice later ....lots of love glynis

Hope you feel better soon .
I'm enjoying a glass or two of cherry .....lots of love glynis

image.png

My T is noticeably louder while I'm drinking but always goes back to baseline. I believe it is the worry and the headache that has you're reacting to right now, not the alcohol. Hope you're feeling better.

@annabel16 thanks! I worked all day and when I got home I told myself if I could still here I was going to take half of Valium. So I'm feeling pretty fine now. I haven't taken it in a month but I was too worked up over this.

I noticed that sometimes my ringing sounds like connected to AOL back in the 90s .... T is strange

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now