Neurotec — Rosa Canina: Study-Backed Compound for Tinnitus Relief or a Scam?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Furetto, Sep 14, 2024 at 10:09 AM.

1. Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2020 cervical [100% habituated]. 07/24 Drumming [ongoing].
      Hello all,

I received a newsletter from Tinnitus Treatment Report, which looked to me like a legitimate website. Among various articles, there was one quoting a double-blind study of an herbal compound that reduced tinnitus.

They refer to this study:
      Other references:
      I was about to give it a try, but for me there are red flags:
      1. They use an urgency wording: "Important: Inventory from this small-scale initial production run remains available (as of 9/13/2024 2:49pm) and is shipped directly from the TG Labs, Inc. (R&D lab/manufacturing) facility in Colorado within 1-2 business days."

2. The only product available on the suspiciously named "Urgent Research Store" is this formulation.

3. The contact information at the bottom of the page is indeed the same entity, "Urgent Research, LLC."
      I was one step from ordering, but then I became suspicious. There is another thread on Tinnitus Talk of someone who bought an Iranian version of the same product with the same composition, but they stopped after 15 days without further updates.

What are your thoughts?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Bhaveen

Bhaveen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Oh man, I also got this email. I was going to buy it, but I am taking a host of other things at the moment so I don’t want to mix anything up.

I am kind of thinking there’s only one way to find out...

3. Vadimus

Vadimus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04, 2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis, benzo withdrawal, SSRI
      I am the person who took the Iranian drug for two weeks. Since February, I have not decided to try the treatment again, although I currently have six jars of the drug at home (I asked several friends to bring it from Iran at the same time). After taking this drug, I also took Nettle (Urtica dioica) and Rosehip (Rosa canina) in various dosages, which I purchased from a popular online supplement store.

While taking the Iranian drug, my sleep improved. Later, I noticed that when I took only Nettle, my sleep was significantly better. However, as I mentioned in the thread about the Iranian product, I did not notice any improvement in my tinnitus after two weeks of use (perhaps I should have taken it for a longer period).

Important note: About a month after I stopped taking the Iranian drug, while I was still only taking nettle, I developed a new symptom related to my visual snow—an intense increase in brightness when exposed to light. It might be photophobia, but I can't say that it causes pain. It just feels as though the brightness has been turned up by 50%. This symptom has persisted since then. I can’t say for certain what caused this symptom, but the timing coincided exactly with when I was taking these supplements. I took Nettle in doses ranging from 150 mg to 900 mg at a time.

I would also like to mention that while I was taking Nettle and Rosehip, I ordered Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) separately. After taking it, I noticed a worsening of the mental fog I was experiencing. It’s possible that the Tansy in the Iranian formula could lead to negative side effects, as it is toxic in large doses, banned in many countries, and known for its hallucinogenic properties. This is just my personal experience, and others may have different reactions. Perhaps those who do not experience visual snow or mental clarity issues might want to try this treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

As for the drug mentioned in the Tinnitus Treatment Report newsletter, I cannot comment on it. I have been subscribed to it for many years and often find the information useful. I believe the creator of the newsletter decided to develop a drug based on the Iranian study and is conducting an unofficial clinical trial.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Same here, but I became very suspicious of the wording — phrases like "small batch!!!" and "still available!!!" along with two links to the shop, and then it's sold by the same website. I’ll wait to hear opinions from the more experienced members.

• Like Like x 1
    5. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014, worsened 5/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Long-term Noise ; Acoustic Trauma
      This definitely seems like a scam. The PubMed article itself is also pretty light on details.

6. Nick47

Nick47 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      No plant extract will provide a significant benefit for tinnitus.

7. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I agree. I'm disappointed to see this being promoted in this way. I wouldn't spend any money on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your contribution.

It's important to note that most food supplements are ineffective if taken for less than three months, regardless of the condition. Since you have a large supply of this supplement, perhaps you could share it with someone else who has tinnitus, and they could report their results monthly for at least three months. This aligns with the duration of the study it's based on. I might also be interested in buying it from you, as the prices at the Urgent Research Store are outrageously high.

It seems you have several other conditions besides tinnitus, such as brain fog and visual snow. It might be more effective to have someone with only tinnitus test it.

P.S. Regarding your other conditions, have you checked your neck for disc bulges or compressed nerves?

9. Alberte

Alberte Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree. The product is outrageously expensive.

10. Vadimus

Vadimus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04, 2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis, benzo withdrawal, SSRI
      I recently underwent a series of tests, and fortunately, my neck is fine, with nothing abnormal showing on the MRI. The issue likely stems from my brain, possibly as a result of taking benzodiazepines and antidepressants.

If it's not a problem on your end, I could send the medication for free. However, I would need to confirm if I am allowed to ship such a package from my country.

I currently have six packs, each containing 60 capsules. To replicate the conditions of the clinical trial, one person would need three packs, which is enough for three months. I opened one pack and took two tablets a day for two weeks, so I still have five unopened packs. I live in Azerbaijan, where we have international shipping services like UPS and DHL.

It’s important to consider that Iran doesn’t have the best relations with many countries. You should verify whether you can legally receive products from Iran in your country.

I find it odd that the price of the drug mentioned in the newsletter is so high. The Neurotec that was brought to me from Iran costs almost nothing—each package was between $1 and $2. In fact, the people who brought it to me didn’t charge me at all.

From what I understand, this drug is quite common in Iran and is sold in nearly every pharmacy. If you search "Neurotec Arvand" on Google, you will find many results linking to Iranian online pharmacies.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello, and thank you for your kindness. In Italy, we have no issues receiving food supplements from abroad, including from Iran. It would only be a problem if it were a regulated drug, but some herbs pose absolutely no issue.

If you're willing to send them over for free, I'd at least like to cover your shipping costs.