• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

New Spike After Loud Bang Next to My Ear, Will It Go Away?

dorje

Author
Dec 10, 2017
Tinnitus Since
11/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
unknown, might be ENT
So I've been having tinnitus for 2 months now, it was becoming quieter and quieter, and just today I've started suffering from massive spike after accident at work in the morning, basically few metal trays fell on metal surface just next to me, I didn't worry at the begging as I was fine, but after some time I developed massive spike, which is still lasting.

So at the moment my T is back to level from the beginning, two months ago. What are the chances that it will go away and settle down and how long do you think that will take?

I'm so angry at myself, that I wasn't careful enough. Ugh.....

So I've been having tinnitus for 2 months now, it was becoming quieter and quieter, and just today I've started suffering from massive spike after accident at work in the morning, basically few metal trays fell on metal surface just next to me, I didn't worry at the begging as I was fine, but after some time I developed massive spike, which is still lasting.

So at the moment my T is back to level from the beginning, two months ago. What are the chances that it will go away and settle down and how long do you think that will take?

I'm so angry at myself, that I wasn't careful enough. Ugh.....

Hi @dorje

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Spikes in tinnitus happens and it's nothing that you have done wrong. Your audiotry system is healing and it sounds to me that you have some hyperacusis, and if this is the case, you probably have suffered a noise trauma brought on by "loud noise" I am just saying this is a possibilty. If you used headphones regularly or regularly attended places where loud music was played, prior to the onset of your tinnitus. Then exposure to loud noise is the likely cause.

In any case you are in the very early stages of tinnitus and it will take time for your auditory system to recover. This can take time up to 18 months. Many people make improvement withing the first 6 months to a year. Use a sound machine at night by your bedside. Please read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View, on my started threads.

Please do not start wearing earplugs or earmuffs to protect your hearing as this usually, lowers the loudness threshold of the auditory system and make your ears more sensitive to sound. By all means use noise reducing earplugs in noisy surroundings but don't oversuse them.

Best of luck and give it time.
Michael

Try not to worry as these out of the blue accidents happen and worrying about it won't do any good.
Im sure it will settle down over the next few days.
Love glynis

Your audiotry system is healing and it sounds to me that you have some hyperacusis, and if this is the case, you probably have suffered a noise trauma brought on by "loud noise" I am just saying this is a possibilty. If you used headphones regularly or regularly attended places where loud music was played, prior to the onset of your tinnitus. Then exposure to loud noise is the likely cause.
I might have hyperacusis as I noticed that when I work, where the sound is quite often 60 db, my T is louder then when I stay at home in quiet, having day off. But to be honest I don't know what to think, before my tinnitus I hardly ever used headphones or attended loud places.

Btw. Michael, I live in Brighton too :)

Try not to worry as these out of the blue accidents happen and worrying about it won't do any good.
Im sure it will settle down over the next few days.
Thank you :)

Just a little update,
Spike lasted more then 24 hours and went away today afternoon. So glad.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now