New to Group

nyorksman

Author
May 9, 2017
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
unknown
Hi. I'm 57 years old and have had Tinnitus for around 5 years. I have never had much exposure to loud noise.

My Tinnitus sounds like a release of high pressure steam from a boiler!
It bothers me particularly at night and my sleep is disrupted every night. It also causes me to suffer from anxiety which I understand will make the Tinnitus even worse.

I'm looking forward to learning more about "the enemy".

Sleep time is always an issue. I sleep with a window open, to let both fresh air in but also, "outside noise" ..."in". the outside noise can help, as it gives your mind something else to listen to and concentrate on, lessening the T noise from inside so to speak.
When all is quiet, then your T over powers everything else, so needs a stable mate to lessen the irritation.
Some people use low volume music, but dont use normal music with a "beat", as you end up listening to it, rather than just a background noise....waterfall sound...wind through trees etc can be good.

Hi. I sometimes use an Environmental Sound Generator to make a sort of "White noise" which can help a bit. I bought it through the BTA.

Hi. I had a hearing test a few years ago which showed some high frequency loss in my right ear. I was told that a hearing aid would not help?

I do not suffer from dizzines.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now