New University of Michigan Tinnitus Discovery — Signal Timing

speedily acquiring hundreds of thousands in revenue from the release of this.

Susan Shore and speedily don't really belong together.

giphy.gif

I personally never believed in a device like this working anyhow, but I'm certainly less studied than others on the science. The point is though, we could be a hell of a lot more productive on any kind of results here with this device. I suppose that's what Lenire said and they just went for it.

I personally never believed in a device like this working anyhow, but I'm certainly less studied than others on the science. The point is though, we could be a hell of a lot more productive on any kind of results here with this device. I suppose that's what Lenire said and they just went for it.
I have such mixed feelings on this topic. On one hand it seems Lenire launched too soon as I don't have much confidence it works all that well. (That being said, if it was available in the US I'd still try it out because what other option is there?)

On the other hand, Susan Shore is taking way too long and it's making me kinda mad because I think it would work better than Lenire and I would definitely choose it over Lenire if she ever releases it. I think she wants to be certain it works but at this rate it'll be another ten years of trials. By then maybe FX-322 will be available and working and she will have missed her chance! Although I'm not really sure she cares about making money on this. Plus, maybe it would still be a valid treatment if there's no hearing loss.

I don't know. Those are my garbled thoughts on the matter.

To Nicole76:
Although everyone complains about Chicago: the atrocious weather, dangerous levels of crime, property taxes, general cost of living, congestion, etc. (although I actually live in Oak Park, an insignificant difference).
Still, given the World Class Medical Centers at the U of C and Northwestern (among others), whenever a new medical treatment is released I have noticed that it is oftentimes first available here.
One of Dr. Shore's websites implied that it may be released next year (but I am not sure about this).
My Audiology Group is always notified ASAP of the availability of new treatments.
I have one sided hearing loss as well; imagine not having tinnitus as a factor in your life my December 2020.

My Audiology Group is always notified ASAP of the availability of new treatments.
I have one sided hearing loss as well; imagine not having tinnitus as a factor in your life my December 2020.

That would be AMAZING! Tinnitus has seriously impacted my life. Now I'm dealing with other health issues too and it's all just too much for me. I'm highly sensitive and life the past seven months has been completely miserable to the point I've wished for death. :(

I have such mixed feelings on this topic. On one hand it seems Lenire launched too soon as I don't have much confidence it works all that well. (That being said, if it was available in the US I'd still try it out because what other option is there?)

On the other hand, Susan Shore is taking way too long and it's making me kinda mad because I think it would work better than Lenire and I would definitely choose it over Lenire if she ever releases it. I think she wants to be certain it works but at this rate it'll be another ten years of trials. By then maybe FX-322 will be available and working and she will have missed her chance! Although I'm not really sure she cares about making money on this. Plus, maybe it would still be a valid treatment if there's no hearing loss.

I don't know. Those are my garbled thoughts on the matter.
I'm in CA, as far from Ireland you can get in the US. I'm still waiting for my appointment email from Neuromod because even though it does not seem as good as Dr. Shore's device based on what we know so far, we also know it works for most. Have you read we have two people reporting bouts, even days of silence with the device?

I surely don't expect it to be that effective on everyone, including myself, but if it can just knock it down a good 10-20%, I would be happy with that, which it looks like is a reasonable expectation based on what we are seeing. That would be enough to make the wait for better treatments that much more bearable, the further refinement of their own device included.

FX-322 may or may not help with tinnitus. I'm happy they are officially looking at that now, and we all ponder that restoring hearing would fix our condition, but none of us know that for sure. The only things we are certain abiut that can reduce and even eliminate tinnitus at this time is bimodal neuromodulation.

I'm still waiting for my appointment email from Neuromod because even though it does not seem as good as Dr. Shore's device based on what we know so far, we also know it works for most.

We? Who is we? And on what basis? You're welcome to view it that way, but I just can't let statements like that go by without a challenge. Only Neuromod claims that it works for "most". When restricted to the user reports, it's not "most" even if you look at it with rose-colored glasses.

To Nicole76:
Although everyone complains about Chicago: the atrocious weather, dangerous levels of crime, property taxes, general cost of living, congestion, etc. (although I actually live in Oak Park, an insignificant difference).
Still, given the World Class Medical Centers at the U of C and Northwestern (among others), whenever a new medical treatment is released I have noticed that it is oftentimes first available here.
One of Dr. Shore's websites implied that it may be released next year (but I am not sure about this).

Do you have the link to the website that implied her device might be released next year?

Do you have the link to the website that implied her device might be released next year?
The first time she says it is here in this ATA podcast.

She has also said it in emails recently this year.

If there is another website saying it too, I wouldn't mind to seeing it either. Everytime she hopes from what I've seen, she doesn't guarantee it.

FX-322 may or may not help with tinnitus. I'm happy they are officially looking at that now, and we all ponder that restoring hearing would fix our condition, but none of us know that for sure.
My personal experience is that with improvement to my hearing my tinnitus reduced in volume. Got steroid injections in my ear after initial acoustic trauma. Had audiograms done before and after steroid injections. Had hearing improvement after injections. My tinnitus decreased in loudness during this same timeframe.

My personal experience is that with improvement to my hearing my tinnitus reduced in volume. Got steroid injections in my ear after initial acoustic trauma. Had audiograms done before and after steroid injections. Had hearing improvement after injections. My tinnitus decreased in loudness during this same timeframe.
Let's hope it really was because of restored hearing and FX-322 does that to all of us!

How long after the trauma does one need to get steroid shots?

My audiogram was symmetrical and the ent didn't think I lost any hearing from the trauma... so I could only convince him for prednisone.

I just got accepted into the trial. I won't be able to post anything about it until I am done with the whole trial. Which will be in about 7-8 months.
Congrats and best of luck... yehhhh!

Quick question, is your tinnitus somatic? Can you change it with your jaw or neck?
Mine is not, and I recall this being a requirement... Thank you.

I just got accepted into the trial. I won't be able to post anything about it until I am done with the whole trial. Which will be in about 7-8 months.
This is great news, good luck and hope it helps you and your tinnitus.

The first time she says it is here in this ATA podcast.

She has also said it in emails recently this year.

If there is another website saying it too, I wouldn't mind to seeing it either. Everytime she hopes from what I've seen, she doesn't guarantee it.

Maybe she does have plans to release the device next year and is just trying to keep our expectations low in case something comes up. Which is understandable...I feel like giving tinnitus sufferers a date to look forward to and then not delivering would deal some major mental damage to a lot of us.

Maybe she does have plans to release the device next year and is just trying to keep our expectations low in case something comes up. Which is understandable...I feel like giving tinnitus sufferers a date to look forward to and then not delivering would deal some major mental damage to a lot of us.
And she is a researcher not a medical device company executive. She probably has a very good handle on when her field of expertise, but the whole bringing it to the market thing is probably a bit more of an unknown to her. That being said there must be a pretty robust administrative component at U of Mich to guide these things through to market.

I wonder why everybody is so hyped about this (regarding somatic tinnitus) as I would assume that most people have noise induced tinnitus. So it won't work for all these people, right? OK, maybe I'm just envious...

I wonder why everybody is so hyped about this (regarding somatic tinnitus) as I would assume that most people have noise induced tinnitus. So it won't work for all these people, right? OK, maybe I'm just envious...
Because noise induced tinnitus is somatic most of the times. And studies say this can help.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now