• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

-Ongoing- Possible Earwax Related Tinnitus

Lawls

Author
Nov 15, 2016
Tinnitus Since
11/1995
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hello,

I've been suffering with tinnitus for the past few years, mainly in my right ear, but recently, my left as well. I can't remember when it started, or how long I've had it for, I'm currently 21 years old, and I've never gone to a nightclub, nor have I ever had my music very loud.

I pretty much just assumed that I got unlucky, and I was born with or something.

My dad has been telling me to go to the doctors about it for ages, with I was reluctant to do, since I knew I had it, and I also knew there wasn't really a cure for it, so I just saw it as a waste of time.
But one day, a few months ago, my dad forced me to go, so I did, and the doctor took one look in my ears, and said she couldn't see inside of my ears due to earwax buildup, and told me to either buy some ear drops to soften it, or use olive oil, and I bought some olive oil with the intention of using it, but never got around to it, I very much doubted that just removing my earwax would cure my tinnitus.

Up until this point, I had only really had it in my right ear, and I was now starting to experience it in my left ear too.

Jump forward about 3 months or so, I'm at university, and I've got a horrible headache, and my flat mates are being obnoxious and very loud, and I can't put music on like I usually do to drown them out, so I just use my earplugs which I rarely use instead, after about 10 minutes, the one in my left ear starts to hurt, so I decide to take them out, the right one comes out easy enough, but the left one is stuck, because I put it in wrong, about 5 minutes later I was able to get it out, but I noticed something... I no longer heard high pitched ringing in my left ear. I came to the conclusion that the earplug must have moved the earwax enough to stop it, I still had a slight ringing in it, but nowhere near as bad.

It was at this time that I decided to actually research if earwax can cause tinnitus, and it turns out it can, and I read success stories from people who had their earwax removed, and it got much better, so I went to boots (if you're not English, it's a health and beauty kind of place), and got some ear wax softening drops, and started using it, that was yesterday, and I'm yet to experience any life changing results, but I'm confident that after a few more days, things will get better.

I plan on updating this post after I see some results, I'll also attach images showing how my hearing range has improved, as I have this thing on my Samsung phone that boost frequencies you can't hear well, and shows you a convenient graph of how good your hearing is.

The reason why I'm posting this, is that I hope others in my situation, may see this and be inspired to actually try get the earwax removed from their ears, and hopefully reduce the impact tinnitus has of their life.

I did remove mine 3 weeks a go and my T which was gone for 1/5 years came back severely and I'm so angry with myself why did I get it done and ruined my life :(

I did remove mine 3 weeks a go and my T which was gone for 1/5 years came back severely and I'm so angry with myself why did I get it done and ruined my life :(
As long as it's done properly, it's probably never a bad idea to have excess ear wax removed though, right? I think I know how you feel though. My T elevated 2 days after having 70% blockage removed from both ear canals (yuk, I know), but I just wonder if the blockage was masking something as opposed to the removal creating problems.

Going to try the acupuncture in Harley st and seeing chripatore tomo as well as willing to go to Ibiza for laser treatment
My mates going Ibiza partying / clubbing
I have to go and sort my T out

There are different ways that doctors remove earwax. One way is a suction device and I would have to believe that is NOT a good way to remove earwax for someone with tinnitus. I think the other way is the doctor just manually scrapes it out which in my view would be the best way for us. Perhaps the second way is more expensive and time consuming, but that's the way I would choose because I've been considering getting that done.

Hello,

I've been suffering with tinnitus for the past few years, mainly in my right ear, but recently, my left as well. I can't remember when it started, or how long I've had it for, I'm currently 21 years old, and I've never gone to a nightclub, nor have I ever had my music very loud.

I pretty much just assumed that I got unlucky, and I was born with or something.

My dad has been telling me to go to the doctors about it for ages, with I was reluctant to do, since I knew I had it, and I also knew there wasn't really a cure for it, so I just saw it as a waste of time.
But one day, a few months ago, my dad forced me to go, so I did, and the doctor took one look in my ears, and said she couldn't see inside of my ears due to earwax buildup, and told me to either buy some ear drops to soften it, or use olive oil, and I bought some olive oil with the intention of using it, but never got around to it, I very much doubted that just removing my earwax would cure my tinnitus.

Up until this point, I had only really had it in my right ear, and I was now starting to experience it in my left ear too.

Jump forward about 3 months or so, I'm at university, and I've got a horrible headache, and my flat mates are being obnoxious and very loud, and I can't put music on like I usually do to drown them out, so I just use my earplugs which I rarely use instead, after about 10 minutes, the one in my left ear starts to hurt, so I decide to take them out, the right one comes out easy enough, but the left one is stuck, because I put it in wrong, about 5 minutes later I was able to get it out, but I noticed something... I no longer heard high pitched ringing in my left ear. I came to the conclusion that the earplug must have moved the earwax enough to stop it, I still had a slight ringing in it, but nowhere near as bad.

It was at this time that I decided to actually research if earwax can cause tinnitus, and it turns out it can, and I read success stories from people who had their earwax removed, and it got much better, so I went to boots (if you're not English, it's a health and beauty kind of place), and got some ear wax softening drops, and started using it, that was yesterday, and I'm yet to experience any life changing results, but I'm confident that after a few more days, things will get better.

I plan on updating this post after I see some results, I'll also attach images showing how my hearing range has improved, as I have this thing on my Samsung phone that boost frequencies you can't hear well, and shows you a convenient graph of how good your hearing is.

The reason why I'm posting this, is that I hope others in my situation, may see this and be inspired to actually try get the earwax removed from their ears, and hopefully reduce the impact tinnitus has of their life.
Surprised the doc didn't remove the wax for you.

Going to try the acupuncture in Harley st and seeing chripatore tomo as well as willing to go to Ibiza for laser treatment
My mates going Ibiza partying / clubbing
I have to go and sort my T out

Your mates go to Ibiza in the process of acquiring Tinnitus, and you go in the process of trying to rid yourself of it. Isn't it mildly funny?

It seems Dr. Wilden chose a strategic location for his practice.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now