Otonomy OTO-313 — Treatment of Tinnitus

Where are the results of OTO-313?

Screenshot_2021-03-22-06-13-33-223_com.android.chrome.jpg

@FGG, what are the cons of OTO-313? Does it deplete support cells?
It's not a regenerative drug so no. The main con would be that so far, it has only been tested on acute cases (under 6 months). It is unknown if it works chronically but the company intends to use a longer time period (unknown how long) for the next trial.

Why wouldn't it work for chronic tinnitus?
Some people speculate whether or not there is a window for cochlear NMDA receptor antagonists to work because it has a lot to do with initial cochlear response to inflammation but there is also some evidence at least for some people it may work chronically too. So it's really unknown atm. Something the next trial may address.

Some people speculate whether or not there is a window for cochlear NMDA receptor antagonists to work because it has a lot to do with initial cochlear response to inflammation but there is also some evidence at least for some people it may work chronically too. So it's really unknown atm. Something the next trial may address.
If only we knew the mechanism behind setbacks. I wonder how Dr. Fuchs and his animal model are coming along.

It's not a regenerative drug so no. The main con would be that so far, it has only been tested on acute cases (under 6 months). It is unknown if it works chronically but the company intends to use a longer time period (unknown how long) for the next trial.
I was told one year.

This is when I called about the FX-322 trial.

Interesting that for Phase 2, they aren't upping the dose, only changing the criteria to exclude hearing loss and increase minimum TFI. That should beat the 43% responder rate reported here.
That only makes you think that it will be a failure.

Interesting that for Phase 2, they aren't upping the dose, only changing the criteria to exclude hearing loss and increase minimum TFI. That should beat the 43% responder rate reported here.
Here we go again... you need a minimal TFI level to be selected. Where have we seen this before? :(

This one doesn't even need bad actors. Literally the stress of having high enough TFI to get in could actually inflate TFI at baseline, lol.

@FGG, didn't @ChrisBoyMonkey have a bad reaction to OTO-313? I thought he was trying to see if he got the placebo or real thing to be sure and I went on sabbatical from here before I learned the outcome... maybe you recall?

At the time I was thinking of doing the first study, then read his reports (if my memory is working correctly). I chickened out for that first trial, hoping things would settle down (insert face palm here).

@FGG, didn't @ChrisBoyMonkey have a bad reaction to OTO-313? I thought he was trying to see if he got the placebo or real thing to be sure and I went on sabbatical from here before I learned the outcome... maybe you recall?

At the time I was thinking of doing the first study, then read his reports (if my memory is working correctly). I chickened out for that first trial, hoping things would settle down (insert face palm here).

We never got an update as far as I know...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now