Author
Benefactor
Feb 25, 2013
Istanbul / Turkey
www.facebook.com
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
* Ear infection * 20 years later huge sound increase due to stress
Please indicate what your tinnitus sounds like...
You can give multiple responses.

Mine changes a lot. When I first had it, it was a very high pitched ringing which really annoyed me. After about two or three weeks I got a new pitch which was a hissing. So for a while it was changing between the high pitch ringing and a hissing. Now, I rarely hear the high pitched ringing and it cycles between a very low hissing or crickets sound.

Hi Floyd,

Whatever the sound is, I hope it will diminish soon !

Difficult to describe.
It sounds like the old CRT TVs or like rail tracks once the train has passed. A high frequent tone.
Cuts through anything. I don't know if 10, 12 or 15 kHz. But difficult to handle.

Hello Martin,

How do you mask it? Does whitenoise works for you?
Or it is completely unmaskable?

I hope your tinnitus go away, soon.

I recommend you to consume less alcohol and instead mask your T with beautiful music...
Beautiful music will also ease your mind..

Hello Martin,

How do you mask it? Does whitenoise works for you?
Or it is completely unmaskable?
Hi Ozzy,
White noise does not help since my T is in a much higher frequency.
When I read your success story, I searched for cricket sounds.
Found an app called cricket sounds on google play store. There is a soundtrack called Cicada High Pitch.
This interferes with my T.
Question is what drives me crazy first, my high-pitched T or the crickets.

Cricket sounds are incredible for masking. Because its sound mixes with the tinnitus.
And brain can not determine exactly which is tinnitus sound and which is cricket sound..
This eases the mind because the mind no longer listens the tinnitus..

None will drive you crazy.. Calm down...

Please read the following quote from the movie "Pathfinder" (2007):

Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.

--
May our positive thoughts win over negative thoughts..

I have a few sounds an electrical voltage that goes up and down , the morse code clicking type sounds, and a ring which sounds like 16khz. But im habituating somehow.

Mine is a dog whistle packed with condensed energy like a laser beam against a night sky. What an alien shrill of ultra high pitch. Most morning this loud scream is there to greet me. My brain used to cave into anxiety & panic attack on auto mode before I was even full awake enough to reason myself out of an attack. It was very hard for me when you feel there is not even a fighting chance against this alien. Meds were my only hope to survive my T initially. But how, the brain is hardened to the scream. Never thought it is possible back then. Never say never.

Mine is a dog whistle packed with condensed energy like a laser beam against a night sky. What an alien shrill of ultra high pitch. Most morning this loud scream is there to greet me. My brain used to cave into anxiety & panic attack on auto mode before I was even full awake enough to reason myself out of an attack. It was very hard for me when you feel there is not even a fighting chance against this alien. Meds were my only hope to survive my T initially. But how, the brain is hardened to the scream. Never thought it is possible back then. Never say never.
Hey Billie.
When you said dog whistle, I searched on youtube and found some examples (because I have no dog lol).
It is exactly what I hear. I don't know about the laser beam.
But the dog whistle is horror already.
Maybe I should use imaginery and thinking about a dog in a nice place listening to my head sound and how pleasent it is. :arghh:
But I think even dogs cannot stand this noise for 5 seconds.
I gave this link to my boss today who is my boss for 19 years now.
He directly answered: Martin, this is awful. Take your time. He also has T, but not this one.
I also still do not believe the brain can harden to this.
We will see.

Hissing and sizzling describes mine.. With occasional jingle bells but they seem to not come as much anymore.--- and a faint morse code that acts up sometimes.

Mines changed quite a lot (I'm in the first few months). It went from a low ring to a high ring. Then a high ring with like a high high high pitch weird sounding flute mixed with a ring. Then it went to a ring and a weird cricket. Then to an electric noise. And then it just became only a ring.

The high pitched electrical sounds are the hardest for me to bear. I have also ringing, some whooshing, white noise and chirping sounds. Horrendous concoction really.

People with severe loud tinnitus like me, what are your sounds? Mine is half picked up on pulsatile tinnitus so it's like a high pitched spinning wheel. The other is like a flat line of a heart machine but about 10x the intensity. Night times sounds like an electric generator on full blast. Brutal.

As I say just curious. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now