Northern hemisphere, Norway.

Attachments

• IMG_20200724_121135120_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200724_121135120_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200722_131016131_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200722_131016131_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
Fantastic beaches in Lofoten - great spot for surfing. When did you go there @Juan?
I went to the Lofoten in 2015, in late July, rented a car and drove around the islands. The scenery is impressive, it is a really beautiful place. I arranged the trip myself, with the help of a Norwegian friend from Oslo. At the time it was my first trip abroad in several years, and it was just fantastic.

Now I have just started to research a trip to Svalbard, hopefully for the summer of 2021 or 2022. I have never gone on a previous trip with the focus of observing birds and wildlife, so I lack experience... I have found some information about expedition ships and multi-day cruises, which are really expensive, and I am wondering if there are more affordable options, or the possibility to hire a boat trip from the locals after getting to Svalbard.

This is one of the websites where Google directed me after a search, most cruises advertised look really good and comfortable, but they are very expensive:

https://www.swoop-arctic.com/svalbard/getting-there

@Juan

Nice! I haven't been to Svalbard myself, so I don't have any good trip advices for you in such regard. But a great place for sure for wilderness experience. My brother has been there twice at winter time.

It's good to have something to plan for and look forward to once corona has passed / a working vaccine is available worldwide.

Europe. Born London/UK - living in CPH/DK - suffering from my homeland's decision to "Brexit" - just another headache I don't need while dealing with tinnitus :(

Funny how Europeans and Americans are prime pickings for tinnitus.
We're not though. It's just Tinnitus Talk's demographic is heavily influenced by the fact the website's in English.

In fact, I would confidently conjecture that tinnitus is worse in parts of the world that impose absolutely zero health and safety laws. India and China as examples, come to mind, being two of the largest countries in Asia that now prioritise economic development over the wellbeing of their own citizens.

I'm quite certain tinnitus is rife in those countries, but we're not going to know about it, because a) those countries aren't going to be keeping any statistics on a "nonsense" illness (that can probably be cured by some herbal remedy) and b) most of them (except for the ones here, obviously) are going to be using a forum in their native language (if they as individuals even have regular access to the internet).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now