• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Post Your Favorite Songs

This is by far one of my favorite threads on this forum. I love finding out what other people listen to. I love all kinds of music, though recently I discovered I've been sleeping on Prefab Sprout.

This song always makes me feel good. It's gotten me through some tough times and been there for some of the best times. It was the first song my wife and I chose to play at our wedding immediately after being married. Released in 1974 Shuggie Otis produced it and plays most of the instruments. If you like this song it's also the name of the extra super excellent album on which it appears.

Oh man! I love this tune!! Haven't heard it in years - BIG UP Sister Nancy! :)

P.S what other tunes you like?
Heck yeah! Bam Bam is from her 1982 record called One, Two. The whole album is fantastic... quintessential 80s Dancehall right there.

Other tunes... oh, man. So many, so many... I like many different genres, but my library is dominated by 60s/70s soul and funk music. Like this heavy-topic gem by Eugene McDaniels which feels appropriate considering the headlines lately. This song was released in 1971, by the way. If you're a Beastie Boys fan you'll surely recognize the sample they used Get It Together.

This is a wonderful Swedish folk song capturing the beauty of summer.

I used to sit in my reading chair with a 'fika' (coffee and biscuit) enjoying this piece throughout the summers. Now I can't listen to music at all, but I have a hope of being able to enjoy this again sometime. Hence, this piece makes me quite emotional, both in terms of beauty and what I've lost.

Here's some of my favorite pieces, no particular order, just on top of my mind;
Mate, this is some eclectic stuff. Wish I had known you in my pre-tinnitus days; you would have very much opened some doors for me and my repertoire.
Just don't spike yourself up too bad listening, haha ;)
My thoughts exactly :LOL:

On a general note, someone has probably already said this somewhere along the 37 pages this thread is spanning, if not several times on the forum itself; but I don't think there can be a human on this earth who has ever loved music quite as much as a tinnitus sufferer has loved music. :(

I don't find any of the sounds in this song aggravate my reactive tinnitus (although I do turn the volume down for the drum and synth interlude):

This was this years Eurovision entry by Iceland, and it was bloody amazing! (imo).

Don't think I've ever heard a song at the Eurovision that I liked so much.

My last obsession in music before I ruined my hearing was Nick Cave and related bands, especially The Birthday Party.

This is a favourite. Lyrics by Anita Lane, music by Blixa Bargeld, performed by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

I really like obscure lyrics like this that's very open to interpretation.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now