Q&A: Tinnitus Hub Meets Neuromod (Lenire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understand Neuromod uses the tongue to send electrical impulse and the other device sets up electrodes on your neck. Then the device sends a timing between sound and electrical pulses into the brain/auditory system.
I read "neck" and immediately thought it is only for somatic tinnitus. Hope I'm wrong.

Guys we now have 2 testimonies suggesting a cure with both devices...

This is a truly historic moment in the fight against this monster.

Never before has anything made a dent in tinnitus let alone silence it completely.
I love your attitude. If this works I'm flying to Ireland and buying you a few rounds.

The price of the device will be very expensive if you continue sending them messages.
2qrd7e.jpg

They looked for participants who had tinnitus for not longer than 5 years, yet I believe @kelpiemsp has had it for 31 years?
Yep. That's longer than I've had it, so it's very encouraging!

The fact that Neuromod type stuff is coming from 3 different sources makes it far less likely this is snake-oil. Also, the more entities working on this the more likely this will become available and not just be vaporware.

Neither of the 2 testimonials are people with hearing loss. I hope that the next person who comes forward has a bit of noise-induced hearing loss in their profile.

Then I will really start getting excited.

Never before has anything made a dent in tinnitus let alone silence it completely.
Yes! I'm stoked. I really wanna know about lasting results... like does this stomp the face of tinnitus?

Companies are not on here determining what to charge for devices. :)

This is a small, very small piece of the population that they are aiming at. They also are more concerned with producing substantial results so that insurance companies cover it for more people as THAT'S where the money is at. Becoming another Levo is probably not what they are aiming for...

Couldn't agree more. It happens very rarely that an entirely new class of medical treatment comes to market. It seems to be happening now, and happening to us.

Disbelief and doubt about science and experts is rampant in the West right now - but we're witnessing a first-class miracle of the scientific process.

Couldn't agree more. It happens very rarely that an entirely new class of medical treatment comes to market. It seems to be happening now, and happening to us.

Disbelief and doubt about science and experts is rampant in the West right now - but we're witnessing a first-class miracle of the scientific process.
Agreed and hopefully we are on the verge of something special.

Sorry I couldn't let that one go. The reason that there is disbelief and doubt about science and experts is not just alternative therapy hippy bollocks guff mindsets but because there are problems with the quality of science in some fields, particularly medical science and psychology, to the point where many ordinary people have started to lose faith in claims about medical treatments. The evidence for some treatments is very good and for others it is not. It is very sad and deeply concerning when that is translated to a loss of faith in science as a concept which is very misguided. I say that as someone who worked in academia for 13 years.

Sorry I couldn't let that one go. The reason that there is disbelief and doubt about science and experts is not just alternative therapy hippy bollocks guff mindsets but because there are problems with the quality of science in some fields, particularly medical science and psychology, to the point where many ordinary people have started to lose faith in claims about medical treatments. The evidence for some treatments is very good and for others it is not. It is very sad and deeply concerning when that is translated to a loss of faith in science as a concept which is very misguided. I say that as someone who worked in academia for 13 years.
This 100 times...

Neither of the 2 testimonials are people with hearing loss. I hope that the next person who comes forward has a bit of noise-induced hearing loss in their profile.

Then I will really start getting excited.
Not true. From the posts it seems that they only tested up to 8 kHz. They may have hearing loss above that range.

Well, I can tell you for a fact that 99.99999% of all people in the world over the age of 3 months have some kind of hearing loss above 8 kHz. And the percentile for tinnitus sufferers (at least noise induced) is probably higher.
Not true at all.

This is starting to border on disrespectful to their potential customers. I don't understand why they can't address the delay. Even without giving a specific date they could at least acknolage it that things are running behind schedule.

This is starting to border on disrespectful to their potential customers. I don't understand why they can't address the delay. Even without giving a specific date they could at least acknolage it that things are running behind schedule.
Look, we're all antsy but let's calm down with killing them right now and saying it's disrespectful. I want this thing out tomorrow just like the rest of us but there's probably a million little things that they can't talk about publicly that go into the release date. Let's be happy that it's coming soon! We at least know that it's going to be this year, which is awesome.

*Acknowledge
Look, we're all antsy but let's calm down with killing them right now and saying it's disrespectful. I want this thing out tomorrow just like the rest of us but there's probably a million little things that they can't talk about publicly that go into the release date. Let's be happy that it's coming soon! We at least know that it's going to be this year, which is awesome.
Someone living with a painful incurable cancer is told "hey, we've developed a groundbreaking new treatment that will be available in January."

January arrives: https://tenor.com/view/night-crickets-chirping-silent-gif-5280277

I agree. This is a private company and a small one at that. This is not Pfizer that has 170 years experience in the industry. There are going to be bumps.

I am just happy and hopeful that it works and will be out soon!

I agree. This is a private company and a small one at that. This is not Pfizer that has 170 years experience in the industry. There are going to be bumps.

I am just happy and hopeful that it works and will be out soon!
Sorry. But I must say I disagree.

Of course, there might be bumps. However, Neuromod is actively hyping this already by posting videos of recovered patients. And by suggesting a possible release date. If we are antsy, it's because of their communication. So far, the only thing I've seen Neuromod doing is to excelling at marketing (creating a buzz in the community). Besides that, we have no hard data and no reliable information about when and how this device will be released.

Yes, at this point their behavior is borderline disrespectful. Some communication is needed at this point, but the only news we get from Neuromod is about new hires (Twitter/website) and some hand-picked success stories (website). People on this forum have been on the phone with them without being any wiser. And the Q&A? I'm thankful for the people here investing all their time in that. However, the amount of information in the answers could have been compressed into a 5-minute interview.

There are plenty of small start-ups that are more polite and more informative. And ultimately more respectful towards their future customers. How hard can it be to release a brief statement on their website or through twitter? I thought this was the purpose of a news page/Twitter feed.

If this thing works, I won't care about all of this in the future. But for now: Neuromod, you need to do better. Talk to us!

And the Q&A? I'm thankful for the people here investing all their time in that. However, the amount of information in the answers could have been compressed into a 5-minute interview.

Sorry, but as a staff member I have to respond to this, even though it's just an aside in your comment. While I realize your criticism was directed more at Neuromod than at us, I do want to take the opportunity to point out the following:

Hundreds of hours went into producing this video. All completely volunteer-based, by people who have busy day jobs and lives. Could we have done better? No doubt, but considering that it's a zero budget volunteer production, I think we did pretty damn awesome.

I agree, some of the answers are repetitive. But we couldn't know that beforehand, so compressing the interview would have meant either re-doing it from scratch, or spending even more time than we already did on the editing. In either case, it would have meant spending time and/or money that we didn't have.

We time stamped all the questions for your convenience and subtitled the video (by itself a mammoth task), so I think we did everything possible, within our limited means, to make it easy for the viewer to find the information they want.

Of course, this comment is also indirectly a call for volunteers. We know we can do more and better, but cannot reach our full potential because we're chronically understaffed! So anyone interested in volunteering your skills, please PM me!

If this thing works, I won't care about all of this in the future. But for now: Neuromod, you need to do better. Talk to us!
Ain't that the truth, I wish they could come out with some minor updates about what they're up to.

And if this works I look forward to forgetting all about this difficult period of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now