- lots of cups of tea,
- lots of cuddles with loved ones,
- and just the odd bar of chocolate.

I'll write out a prescription.

Love
Dave x
Jazzer

@Jazzer ,
Thank you Dave, it's been tough going as you know it can be...
You're a lovely person whom gives great hugs.

love glynis

Hi Glynis, I see you are a bit out of sorts. We miss you around here. I hope you feel better and are back to your amazing self soon. TC

20181028_204514.jpg
Hi Glynis, I see you are a bit out of sorts. We miss you around here. I hope you feel better and are back to your amazing self soon. TC

Thank you TC ,

It's been a challenging time with severe Bilateral Tinnitus, breathing problems, rhinitis and fearing food due to crippling pain and 4 month of hospital tests ,scans ,colonoscopy ,one down throat and now diagnosed with IBS from Gallbladder removal.

I Keep bouncing back ..

fingers crossed a better ear day today and really needed...

love glynis x

now diagnosed with IBS from Gallbladder removal.

Ah, yes. Your liver makes the bile acids, your gallbladder only stored them. So they are still being released into your digestive system and bile acids are quite irritating. Hopefully the docs have patched you up with a treatment for that. Glad to know your ears are calming down as well. You've had a rough few months, take it easy now and feel better. TC

@glynis
The support on this forum is a 2 way street, no one deserves it more than you! I hope you get back to your cheery self soon and reach out ANYTIME you need it! Hugs xx

Thank you @Jazzer,
I should be so happy with my life, no money worries, mortgage paid years ago, great family and few friends and husband.

I went shopping today and saw a homeless man under a railway bridge out in the cold and felt sorry for him but still the unseen emotions that I am feeling that others don't see was gripping me in to total sadness holding back the tears till I got home and cried because this mental torture for me has no ending.

My husband has never seen me so down and came home with a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate.

He knows I support others and now I'm struggling and need support but as a staff member should I be posting it?
Does this stop others supporting me?

I am only a person with the same problem and have added problems that are challenging.

I'm not myself at the moment and it's breaking my heart and hope to god I find my happy self again.

Sorry for opening up to you all but I could do with support as I am a mess.

love glynis
So sorry @glynis Reading this thread made me cry; thinking about how tinnitus can even make the strongest people break down. You don't deserve this. None of us do. We're all here for you. You can vent to us anytime you need to.

So sorry to hear of your recent struggles, Glynis. Don't have to feel bad that you have to seek support. We are just human and can only take so much at one time. You are our iron lady. The T bully can't pull you down alone and it has to summon all its allies of human afflictions to get you down. It is okay to admit our weakness of flesh at times and we need to rant out our frustrations and sorrow in order to release the stress. The good Lord knows that we are weak in our flesh despite our strong will to fight. That is why He said the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. But after the storm, there is always the calm and the silver lining. You are in a stormy sea of suffering right now. I pray that your condition will improve soon. We are riding the storms of life, taking the highs and the lows, but we will eventually arrive safely at the other shore with our sheer determination even though Mr. T is throwing the kitchen sink at us. May the good Lord watch over you in your low moments. May His peace and love bring you the comfort you need to soldier on. We will be here to hear your soul's complaint. Count on it. Take good care. God bless you.

I echo all the sentiments here, please feel better, tomorrow is another day. Get lots of rest and lots of positive thoughts <3

Hi there Glynis :) There is a lot you need to ask about first, also please read my story after. What do you think is the prime cause of your tinnitus? Brain trauma? Sound trauma? Sinus problems? There could also be problems with your neck and your bodily alignment.

My name is David Barber I'm an MMA fighter from WA state and I promise you I'm tough as steel. The day I first found out my tinnitus might not go away I freaked out and didn't know what to do. You are going to go through a lot on your path to recovering.
I won a cage fight but took a mean left hook during the fight. I also got sick on the same day with the flu, this KILLED my ability to locate my tinnitus problem. I was sure if I found a way to concentrate and go through therapy I could fix my self.
Here I am 2 years later and I am litearlly able to enjoy silence with minor flare-ups when I had SCREACHING tinnitus that would not stop to the point I'd cry randomly. I didn't cry about girls, money, physical pain or anything but this broke my very personality down. I was forced into survival mode for roughly a year when I had never held it for more than a sparring session. It's like throwing a baby into the middle of Chicago and leaving it there, I know. But you're going to make it through this.

First, understand that concentration is your prime weapon to defend your self here. When you hear the tinnitus don't pay attention to it. This is VERY hard to do. It's like someone pointing to a sign and going "hey don't look at that". You literally have to push your concentration to the point just how monks do when being hit by a cane while in meditation. You must MASTER I don't mean get good at I mean MASTER never being distracted for the rest of your life. You absolutely have to focus beyond that of which you have ever thought you could. You will not learn this focus all at once. The day I pushed my focus so hard that I literally cared about only my goals or nothing at all I learned how to dodge tinnitus whenever it showed up and I also learned many things about life and how stress is such a killer. After I learned that I could dodge tinnitus until my mind cleared fully the shock of (I just beat something no one ever beats) kicked in. I had proven to myself I don't quit. I stayed put psychologically for the first time in the most insane year of my life.
Positivity is not the thing making you feel better, it's a clear mind. When you are happy thoughts don't run randomly through your head and your body can relax that's why it seems to be positivity. Stay positive of course, but stack your focus to an almighty level.
The odds are something physically damaging happened to you and now you are fighting inflammation in that area or multiple areas. That's the case with almost everyone, more than one thing screwed up your hearing. physically recovering is like cracking a code using your body, because everyones cause is different.

Work on your focus, fix your body. I mean posture, breathing, your neck and jaw have a ton to do with sound translation to the brain, your spine needs to be aligned so the rest of your body is, your hips have a ton to do with it. Don't sacrifice good walking posture for anyone. Keep distracting people or anyone who is mean to you out of your life. I had to give up certain friends and I learned they were too stressful.
You're not god! If someone is constantly trying to stress you out you need to respect the danger there and remove that person from your life. IT'S FOR YOUR HEALTH!

I went through countless techniques and some failed me. But here I am almost completely free of tinnitus and well healthy enough to fight again. Keep your head in the game and if you have to let those ears ring then do. You must learn to focus through all forms of pain. It CAN be done but this will be a huge journey for you.

Best of wishes to you. Remember anxiety is only a state of mind. Learn how to stare fear right in it's face without blinking.

A little update!

I went to see my lovely lady doctor this morning and aked to have Nortriptyline 25mg increased back up to 50mg.

Reason-
To help me sleep better and
Help lift my mood a little due to coping with multiple health issues.

She agreed and I will be adding 12..5mg tonight and 12.5mg Wednesday. :)

Love glynis x

Thank you for your support through this tough time.
Onwards and upwards xxx

Feeling calm and relaxed Tuesday morning and the nervy feeling from IBS has gone with the added dose of Nortriptyline 12.5 mg at night and woke up to a calm settled feeling from day one.

I took the full 50mg last night and slept about 8-9 hours straight through.

A little tired from the 25mg increase of Nortriptyline but no other side effects .

My tinnitus is still loud but feel relaxed and not distressed by it.

love glynis

I have just fought and 90% overcame a 2-3 month bout with gastritis and daily feelings of being sick and stomach/throat burning. Please hang in there and remain strong.

Feeling calm and relaxed Tuesday morning and the nervy feeling from IBS has gone with the added dose of Nortriptyline 12.5 mg at night and woke up to a calm settled feeling from day one.

I took the full 50mg last night and slept about 8-9 hours straight through.

A little tired from the 25mg increase of Nortriptyline but no other side effects .

My tinnitus is still loud but feel relaxed and not distressed by it.

love glynis

That's great news, Glynis. I would say that's the best news I've heard today, but today happens to be my daughter's 1st birthday, so there's no contest I'm afraid :p

Let's hope you continue to feel better and find yourself again. We can't have our national treasure feeling down :huganimation:

@Ed209,
Thank you Eddie,
Happy 1st Birthday to your little daughter and enjoy Halloween night.
All ready for the little monsters ..

love glynis x

Thank you @fishbone.
I think all my health problems and new one just got to me and overloaded trying to cope with them and a nervy feeling.
I got help as needed it.

love glynis x

I'm always ready, they live with me :ROFL:

I brought a flashing pumpkin to put on my fireplace.
I live near to the school I work at so I get lot's of our school children knocking on my door to scare me...love the little monkeys .
love glynis

Thank you @fishbone.
I think all my health problems and new one just got to me and overloaded trying to cope with them and a nervy feeling.
I got help as needed it.

love glynis x

In all honesty, you have to have that fighting attitude and spirit when situations like these arise. I made a huge mistake by eating very bad food 2-3 months ago and it destroyed my stomach and throat. daily burning of throat and stomach, losing tons of weight. Being kept out of the martial arts studio and gym almost 3 weeks.

It has been pure hell and the ears were and always ringing like hell. As I have done many times in my life, I said that I will not fall victim to my current situation. Each day I researched ways to get better. I made appointments with Drs that I didn't want to see. I kept my faith and I fought like hell each and every day. I either fought and got better, or I could have been the victim and gotten worst. It has been a pure struggle and another badge of pain and accomplishment that I wear on my sleeve.

I am about 85% better now, but still not 100%. Just hang in there and keep fighting!

@glynis
I have not checked in for a while, so just saw this post. I hope that things are on the upswing for you! You have been so lovely to me and supportive of so many of us here. Just wanted to add my good wishes. I hope things have calmed down for you since your initial post. :)

Mystery Reader

Glynis
I am pretty new here but I have already learned about how supportive and caring person you are. It is so comforting to know you are always here for all of us. I don't check this site sometimes cause I get nervous reading too much. At same time, I thought about how you are doing. I hope your T has settled little better now. Some days are very hard.
Took your advice and I requested dr to change antidepressant to Notrypityline... I was scare of antidepressant so I took tiny little bit. Wow that little was a big for me. I am not sure if I could take a whole 25mg. It made me sleepy right away. But kind of helped my nervousness. Plus I am still paying attention to the my T sound too much. If I take little bit more tonight. maybe I sleep better...? I will update again. I am learning that sleeping is a big deal for T, brain and depression. I keep waking up every 2 hours for a month.
I know I am still in the middle of battle. One day, I will overcome this hell. With God's help and my friends who go through same hardship.
Hugs
Peppermint

Hi Glynis, I only swing by here occasionally but was sorry to read that you are going through a tough time right now. I generally do okay with tinnitus, though mine has been 'blasting' away recently at a preternatural level. So I can relate to your use of that adjective.

However, that's not the reason that I am posting. Your mention of IBS was what caught my eye. I can wholeheartedly recommend a product called Symprove. It is expensive but fairly easy to get hold of in the UK.

If you do some Googling you will find that it is one of the few (perhaps even the only) health food shop products with a genuinely decent track record when it comes to IBS. So you may want to look into it. It worked for me and I definitely don't regard it as a variation on snake oil.

Hope this helps in some way.

Hi Glynis,
I hope you are starting to feel better. You are a huge ray of light here on TT and I always get a warm feeling when I see your name and read your sweet and inspirational posts. Chin up, lady duck, this soon shall pass. We are all here for you. Xoxo

I am coming to this thread a little late, but I do hope you have been feeling better @glynis ! Your initial post about feeling you have to always help others and not show needing support really opened my eyes. I hope you no longer feel that way and will reach out when needed!

Glynis,

I joined this group about a year ago. It was a very dark and painful time of my life. My goal in joining was to get a cure, but we know how that ends. One thing that gave me hope in those dark days was reading your cheery reply's to other posters, always signed 'love, Glynis'. That helped me so much, and gave me hope.

Just know that you have a positive impact on people at a time when they absolutely need it most. I wish you all the best.

Dan

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now