Repeated Modified Nerve Blocks and Auditory and Non-Auditory Nerve Stimulation

Other than that none of the medications we tried helped and will have to take off in one week.
Have you tried Ketamine? It has helped me somewhat. This is the exact combination I have received:

- 250 ml NaCl solution 0.9%
- Esketamine 15 mg or 0.6 ml
- Midazolam 2 mg or 2 ml
- Magnesium Mg2+ 1g or 10 ml

Infusion drip speed 250 ml/h, so that the whole bag takes 1 hour. Then flush with another 500 ml bag of NaCl only for another hour.

Have you tried Ketamine? It has helped me somewhat. This is the exact combination I have received:

- Midazolam 2 mg or 2 ml

Infusion drip speed 250 ml/h, so that the whole bag takes 1 hour. Then flush with another 500 ml bag of NaCl only for another hour.
Thank you, I did try Ketamine but not in this regimen. I'll talk to the clinic.

- Midazolam 2 mg or 2 ml

How many doses of Ketamine have you taken and for how long do you notice lasting effects?

- Midazolam 2 mg or 2 ml

After nearly a year of great interest in Ketamine, I finally wrote it off. Now you have peaked my interest again.

I have been taking the Sulodexide and Magnesium. No visible effect. Today is particularly torturous. I'll crawl in the aircraft if I have to. The OTO-313 news are not helping either
I am so sorry. I hope you get back safely. Do what you need to do, benzos etc. A plea for compassion to Dr. Shore.

I wish you well. Thoughts are with you.

How many doses of Ketamine have you taken and for how long do you notice lasting effects?
This is going OT a bit, but here goes: I've taken it a few times for other reasons before I got the current, more severe, tinnitus. I've only recently re-started it for seeing if it helps with the tinnitus I got, and have done two infusions with that treatment target.

I noticed an immediate improvement during the procedure, but that might as well be due to the other ingredients (n.b. that Midazolam is a benzodiazepine for example). Then there's a more subtle change (slight decrease in loudness / intrusiveness) which seems to last a bit longer now after the second infusion. Effect of the first one lasted maybe four days.

I have another procedure planned and, if successful, will likely extend it to six total (which is what the clinic is willing to offer).

I tend to listen to very calm music (https://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/dronezone) during it. There is a theory that Ketamine boosts neuroplasticity slightly and temporarily, and I'm trying to train my hearing to distinguish better between "real" audio and hallucinatory audio (i.e. the tinnitus) so that I eventually can ignore or even "unlearn" the latter.

This is going OT a bit, but here goes: I've taken it a few times for other reasons before I got the current, more severe, tinnitus. I've only recently re-started it for seeing if it helps with the tinnitus I got, and have done two infusions with that treatment target.

I noticed an immediate improvement during the procedure, but that might as well be due to the other ingredients (n.b. that Midazolam is a benzodiazepine for example). Then there's a more subtle change (slight decrease in loudness / intrusiveness) which seems to last a bit longer now after the second infusion. Effect of the first one lasted maybe four days.

I have another procedure planned and, if successful, will likely extend it to six total (which is what the clinic is willing to offer).

I tend to listen to very calm music (https://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/dronezone) during it. There is a theory that Ketamine boosts neuroplasticity slightly and temporarily, and I'm trying to train my hearing to distinguish better between "real" audio and hallucinatory audio (i.e. the tinnitus) so that I eventually can ignore or even "unlearn" the latter.
Can I ask where have you done it?

Just an update on the patient who is not on the forum. The Lidocaine kept lowering his tinnitus, typically from 10 to 8 after the (I believe) second treatment but it is still temporary. He authorized me to mention this.

Today I met Tom as I said goodbye to the clinic, I won't say anything and let Tom post his updates when he feels the time is right. I think Tom and the other patient are planning an update after a number of sessions. Also, I wanted to confirm Tom is really a good guy and dispel all the bad rumors that went on earlier. I wish both of them the best, fingers crossed.

Just an update on the patient who is not on the forum. The Lidocaine kept lowering his tinnitus, typically from 10 to 8 after the (I believe) second treatment but it is still temporary. He authorized me to mention this.

Today I met Tom as I said goodbye to the clinic, I won't say anything and let Tom post his updates when he feels the time is right. I think Tom and the other patient are planning an update after a number of sessions. Also, I wanted to confirm Tom is really a good guy and dispel all the bad rumors that went on earlier. I wish both of them the best, fingers crossed.
@Chinmoku, nice to have met you today. You are a hero, a warrior, a good person. I have great respect for you. If there are people who suffer even more than I do and who are still fighting, it motivates me in my difficult moments.

I had my first treatment today. The clinic will be closed from 15 to 18 August. I'll give the first update that week. I will then have had 5 treatments and my Dutch friend 9. Then we have a slightly better overview for a first update.

Good luck with your flight back my friend, @Chinmoku!

Final update on the Seoul odyssey:

I just landed in London after a 13-hour flight. I alternated Peltors and noise-cancelling headphones a dear friend suggested that I bought in Seoul, but my ears are still pretty fried. I'll try to rest. I have been up 20 hours. The bus the clinic had suggested didn't come and I had to look desperately for a taxi, hard to get in Seoul, but I made it to the airport there this morning. Now I'm heading home from the London airport, I hope to be there in 90 minutes. I'm not thinking about tomorrow or even the next few hours with these crazy ears. One minute at the time. Everyone, hold on.

Can you tell me what noise generators you are using and where would I obtain these and what is the procedure please?
Keith, this is what I am using, very easy settings and can do both white and pink noise:

tranquil-ii.png

Hey guys.

Here's the first update from Seoul.

I have had 6 treatments now. After each treatment I got spikes in hyperacusis and the next day it went down again. Today during the 6th treatment my right ear got a big drop of 15% to 20%. And it's been like that all day. No effect on the left ear yet, but that's a sound I might get used to in the future.

My 61-year-old friend had his 10th treatment today. Today during his treatment he went from a 10 to a 4 in both ears. He has a fluctuating type of tinnitus. After 15 days in the hotel room, he went into town for the first time today.

The clinic is now closed for their 4-day summer vacation. I will update again sometime between 12 and 15 treatments.

Greetings from Seoul.

Hey guys.

Here's the first update from Seoul.

I have had 6 treatments now. After each treatment I got spikes in hyperacusis and the next day it went down again. Today during the 6th treatment my right ear got a big drop of 15% to 20%. And it's been like that all day. No effect on the left ear yet, but that's a sound I might get used to in the future.

My 61-year-old friend had his 10th treatment today. Today during his treatment he went from a 10 to a 4 in both ears. He has a fluctuating type of tinnitus. After 15 days in the hotel room, he went into town for the first time today.

The clinic is now closed for their 4-day summer vacation. I will update again sometime between 12 and 15 treatments.

Greetings from Seoul.
So your beeping ear got a drop, the ear where you have a low frequency drone didn't.

I have that drone and beep (not a strong beep) too, but I can't really pinpoint it to a specific ear, maybe right, maybe left. Mostly in the head somewhere. I'm still strongly convinced that the two (beep and drone) are connected, but don't know how yet.

One of the main reasons why I am convinced about this connection is my reactivity: whenever I hear water running "shhhhh", it triggers my 8000 Hz mild hearing loss and immediately my drone ramps up. Same for when I'm in a country with a lot of crickets, my drone goes crazy trying to overpower the cricket noise. The same with rain falling on plastic outside (when it rains really hard).

There is definitely a connection.

Hopefully - when you get rid of the beeping, the drone will follow at some point.

My drone, however horrible, is very easily maskable (by those long drum & bass videos on YouTube, or those meditation videos that have a low frequency noise running almost constantly in the background) and the volume doesn't even have to be high.

I speak Dutch too btw, I m half Belgian, half Dutch, raving is partly responsible for my condition too (not hardstyle , just trance and progressive).

Man I really wish @Chinmoku woulda benefited from the treatment.

I have highly reactive tinnitus and loudness hyperacusis and at the end of my rope, but feel like I'll worsen so bad just trying to get to South Korea. I would have to take benzos to make it. And who knows if the treatment would work for me. I am suicidal and so desperate.

Tom, glad you guys are having success. ❤️

Man I really wish @Chinmoku woulda benefited from the treatment.

I have highly reactive tinnitus and loudness hyperacusis and at the end of my rope, but feel like I'll worsen so bad just trying to get to South Korea. I would have to take benzos to make it. And who knows if the treatment would work for me. I am suicidal and so desperate.

Tom, glad you guys are having success. ❤️
For 2.5 years I was afraid of flying too, but then I did it and nothing happened. I didn't even use hearing protection on the plane. It's really not that loud. Get a seat in front of the engines.

For 2.5 years I was afraid of flying too, but then I did it and nothing happened. I didn't even use hearing protection on the plane. It's really not that loud. Get a seat in front of the engines.
My tinnitus ramps up from cars driving by and cicadas outside. I'm completely homebound. A car ride seems to worsen me.

My tinnitus ramps up from cars driving by and cicadas outside. I'm completely homebound. A car ride seems to worsen me.
If you can afford it (I can't), put up soundproof windows. Otherwise, order some 6" foam padding and strap it to the inside of your window. 90% of outside noise comes in through your windows.

I found a doctor who is willing to do the procedure in Switzerland, close to where I live. However, after the recent posts in this thread, I'm a lot more cautious to try it out. Also, the publication does not mention several details which could be critical, such as the concentration of the Lidocaine used for the nerve block.

Is it true what someone mentioned in this thread that the first author of the publication is willing to do remote (video chat) instruction on how the procedure is performed correctly? I could try to get them to get in contact with the doctor here.
Did the doctors in South Korea ever respond about providing info to your doctor on Switzerland?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now