Reversing Aging

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by TeslaGuy, Feb 12, 2023.

1. crescentsky
      Transparent

crescentsky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2022: April/May, Exact Timing? DK.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no idea, shit luck
      Would reversing aging also cure tinnitus? Otherwise this technology does nothing for me. I already feel like my lifespan is dreadfully long. Imagine unable to die with tinnitus and have to live up to like 500 years old. Damn. That would be a horror movie. It would be like dying a million times, but someone manages to revive you every time. Omg. No thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      There are no longevity supplements, and aging cannot be reversed (except maybe in a Sci-Fi story). Metformin has a laundry list of negative side effects, many of them pretty nasty. I'd say its time to get another doctor.

3. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Tell that to the "immortal jellyfish" (Turritopsis dohrnii) ;)

Just because human beings haven't got the genes to manage something similar on their own account doesn't mean it won't be possible to do so with the aid of whatever drug or procedure in the future.

4. JimmyStrong
      Depressed

JimmyStrong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced/Hearing loss related
      Maybe the technology for reversing aging could reverse damage done to the inner ear, that is if we even get to the point of having tech like that. We are probably only going to see technology that gives us a longer lifespan.

5. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What would be interesting to me is whether acquiring an illness like tinnitus (without an acoustic trauma) or any kind of serious illness, is something that is written in a person's genetic make up or can it be influenced / caused by our life choices and environmental influences and therefore vary from one rejuvenation to the other.

6. Loui

Loui Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I read a transcript of an interview with Christopher Cederroth from Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. Unfortunately it’s in Swedish or else I could copy the link.

According to him it seems like some forms of tinnitus are hereditary. It seems like the chronic, severe version of tinnitus is the one that is hereditary. He also said that that one is worse for women. So if a person has tinnitus and/or hearing loss within the family, then one is at a higher risk of getting severe tinnitus. I suppose something must trigger the tinnitus to start but it seems like even minor triggers are enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That sounds fascinating, @Loui, thank you very much for making me aware of this piece of information. Please feel free to post the link, my understanding of the Swedish language is acceptable :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Loui

Loui Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Here is the link.

Just let me know if you need to have something translated. I think you can translate the whole page to English also.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's a very interesting interview, @Loui, thank you very much for sharing it with me / the people here on Tinnitus Talk. There were a couple of pieces of information that I knew but just as many that I didn't or merely suspected, so it was great to get an expert opinion. Thanks again for that!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. in_LA

in_LA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Has anyone ever watched The Fountain (directed by Aronofsky)?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    11. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      I heard about it, but never got around to seeing it. Any good? Movie deals with immortality looking at the synopsis.

This director, Aronofsky, can be hit or miss for me though. Mother! was an absolute dumpster fire. Black Swanand The Wrestler were excellent however.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1