• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Saffron Cure for Tinnitus?

Why not ?
When you take something in excess, it generally becomes bad... Whatever it is. Even broccoli I'm sure !

We are full of natural substances that could kill us if overdosed.

I think saffron is nice to use if you want to enjoy quiet day sometimes (if it works for you). Don't make it a habit, as it will loose its efficacy anyway.

I don't think saffron really helped me (definitely did not improve my t as quickly as some of you have been saying), but since my family is Indian it was hardly any issue actually getting the saffron. Lol at the people using pills...It's not medicine so do you really think they'll be as effective as actually getting saffron. I'm sure you can buy actual saffron online too, idk about the cost though, it might be too risky for a nonreputable seller. If you're in the US, finding an Indian/Pakistani store should hardly be a challenge. They're everywhere!

why do people even use milk ? the studies have shown that 50% water and ethanol is the best to get the active ingredient out. Throw your saffron in a bottle of vodka, shake a few times, leave it in a warm place for some time and that's it

why do people even use milk ? the studies have shown that 50% water and ethanol is the best to get the active ingredient out. Throw your saffron in a bottle of vodka, shake a few times, leave it in a warm place for some time and that's it

What a great idea ! Im going to give that a spin. Saffron has a very happy effect on me. No effect on T.
With your idea I can hopefully be happy and drunk...:wacky:

My saffron arrived from India
Day 2:
It is my second day and I notice that my tinnitus is not centered in my head as usual.
Just a little to the left which is unusual.
I had the same effect. Mine moved over to the right side of my head instead of in the middle. Not sure what would cause this to happen.

Also not sure if anyone has seen this - looks like it has some acetylcholine blocking activity as well as other mechanisms. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599112/

you won't need much of vodka just a few cl which have enough concentration, not enough to get drunk. Too much saffron can be toxic

I probably already said this but depending on where you live this stuff may actually be more expensive than marijuana which is sorta LOL

I am really enjoying the tea and will probably keep with it, even though I'd mostly already been feeling pretty great before I started it, which I mostly attribute to now living in a very quiet place combined with daily doses of over-the-counter Lithium Orotate and prescribed, compounded low-dose naltrexone capsules.
still taking lithium orotate? how did it help?

No luck. I did this faithfully for two weeks. 5-10 saffron strands left in hot milk for 20 minutes twice a day....then down the hatch. I'm glad others have had some success with this, it didn't affect my T one iota. I think I'm done trying miracle cures for a while.

Recently I have started to experience prolonged (week or so) periods of T not bothering me.
This has happened 2-3 times since I started taking Saffron , having said that I have no way of knowing if Saffron has anything to do with this.

In fact , probably not ...very likely its a coincidence.
I am however still taking it just in case,

Hey everyone, Its been 7 days now since i started taking the saffron, approximately 7 threads in the morning and evening in hot milk. I don't think I've had much of a change in my T, maybe a slightly lowering but nothing major. However the improvement in my mood, which has been low since I had my recent spike a few months ago, has improved dramatically, so i'll keep taking it for at least a few more weeks as a more positive mood makes it much much easier to deal with my T, so while not quite as good as reducing the volume it still has a very positive effect on my distress.

I work as a post-doc in a research centre for complementary and integrative medicine and was chatting to one of my colleagues who has written several important papers on mental health and herbal medicine and he is hoping to be able to conduct a large randomised controlled trial next year to examine the effect of saffron on depression in a western context.

Yeah, 2 months in I think that saffron does little for my T but maybe a little something for my mood - perhaps comparable to St. John's Wort, but less dramatic.

I'll probably continue with it, at least until the rest of the ounce I got is gone. I make tea with milk, water and honey and quite enjoy the flavor so it's become part of my morning routine: I make coffee, make the tea while the coffee is finishing, then sit in the hot tub drinking coffee while the tea brews. Not a bad way to start the day, especially when you only have to commute fifteen feet...

I wanted to report back to this group on my status. My tinnitus is completely gone and have no more noise. Some days when it's very quiet at night I might have a light tinnitus but nothing that bothers me. I have also noticed that I do take a lot of garlic in my food and that might have helped too.

I tried Saffron for a week and it completely cured my tinnitus. It might not work for everyone but no harm in trying out.

Procedure:

1. Take a pinch of saffron (not the extract) but the actual dried flower.
2. Soak it in warm milk (1/2 cup) for 10-20 mins. You can also add sugar and cardamom for taste but this is optional.
3. Drink it every day in the morning.

Pls try and let me know if this works for you,

Good luck,
ew milk gross.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now