Should I Get a Flu Shot?

If you weigh over 265 pounds, then sure, the amount of mercury injected into your body will be safe :) If you are prepered for an acute inflammatory response in your body that can possibly become chronic, then sure.. no worries!
But hmmm. I wonder if an acute inflammatory response could cause irriversable damage to our ears? :unsure: Something to consider.

Yes, there are risks. Anyone that says it's all a "myth" are incredibly naive. There are many articles by doctors that provide sufficient evidence on the damage and risks in regards to the flue shot, and many other vaccines.

Whether the shot could cause more damage to T than the flue itself? I am unsure. We are all different. I would say the flue shot itself can cause irreversable damage, as the flu can also.

Best of luck :)

There are thimersol-free versions of the flu vaccine. Usually the single dose vials do not contain it. Plus, there are different types of mercury. Thimersol does not stay in the body, unlike the type of mercury in fish. That type, methyl mercury, is absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract and actually enters your bloodstream. Mercury poisoning is possible from eating too much fish, not from getting a flu shot.

Ive had the flu shot 3 years in a row. You only decrease your odds of getting the flu by 50% at best, but thats worth it for me. Having ears clogged up for weeks with tinnitus is no fun. I also clean my hands with alcohol a lot too.

Dont listen to the nonsense people come out with. Millions have it every year. There is always going to be a few with a bad reaction. Also correlation does not equal causation! Just because something happens around the time of being vaccinated doesn't mean it was the vaccine that caused it.

I can tell you that the flu shot is only a 40 percent chance you WON'T get the flu. I got it last year the got the flu and cold then ear infection the T. Try some good herbs. Just sayin

some people on this forum are just rly ridiculous. they think farting will make tinnitus worse. just get the flu shot. imagine having the flu WITH tinntius. now that would suck.

Just to weigh in on this I got this seasons flu shot yesterday morning and no adverse effects on my existing tinnitus.

What are people's thoughts regarding flu shots from those who get it and those who don't. I'm kinda on the fence about it and not sure what to do. I have never got one as an adult and the last time I had the flu was probably 10 years ago.

But I read a thread where people were chiming in on how many of their family members died because of the flu. Some just in their 30's.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now