Shower Causing a Temporary Tinnitus Spike?

Another person reviving and old thread. Sorry guys! Mine T also spikes after a hot/warm shower. The weird thing is, if I shower in the morning when my T is quieter, it will not spike at all after. But it always does is the evening. Because of that I think it's the inflammation of ETD that spikes it after showering, not the noise.

Mine spikes after the shower, driving, doing laundry, dishes, watching TV, eating certain foods, wearing ear protection, lack of sleep, stress, BP going up,... It always goes back down to baseline so I don't care about the process anymore. My tinnitus can be quite loud but it rarely bothers me and I don't listen for it. My bigger problem is ear pain after sound exposure. Sometimes that can be quite painful. Tinnitus pales by comparison.

George

@GeorgeLG sorry to hear that . The fact that your T can be quite loud and doesn't bother you gives me hope ❤️
Your attitude towards it has a lot to do with how it affects you. My brother in law calls it his old friend. I think of mine like the crappy new neighbor that moved in next door and plays music too loud. If I stay upset about it and am always mad about the lack of control it's gonna make me sick. If I lived in NY city it would always be this loud all the time and most people who live there love it. What difference does it make if it's a hissing in our heads or a jackhammer or train outside our window? When I get a spike with new annoying sounds I just laugh and say oh I see you brought some new crappy friends for the day and then ignore it because they are gone by tomorrow.

Make peace with it and believe that it will get better.

George

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now