Sleep, Why Don't You Like Me?

Geo

Author
Benefactor
Jan 24, 2015
California
Tinnitus Since
11/2012
Only had once decent sleep the past 2 weeks.

Lately it's been 2-4 hours daily.. My T has been extremely reactive of late to anything so my T has been on overtime worth its million sounds and constant ear pain hitting me especially at night making it almost impossible to sleep.. need some sleep relief but no hard drugs

Did you try valerian root (Tablet/Thee or what ever it comes in) ... I use it and sleep better. But what works best is Melatonine. You alsohave Melatonine that works during the whole night and not only to get you in to sleep but to keep you in a good sleep also.
I sleep very quick but I used to get awake after 2 hours and T is very loud than. I never slept longer than 4 to 5 hours, but with melatonine I get about 6 to 8 hours ... sometimes straight sometimes I just wake up ones.

Did you try valerian root (Tablet/Thee or what ever it comes in) ... I use it and sleep better. But what works best is Melatonine. You alsohave Melatonine that works during the whole night and not only to get you in to sleep but to keep you in a good sleep also.
I sleep very quick but I used to get awake after 2 hours and T is very loud than. I never slept longer than 4 to 5 hours, but with melatonine I get about 6 to 8 hours ... sometimes straight sometimes I just wake up ones.
No hard drugs, hmmm....How about hitting a gulph of Mexico coast beach and getting a good tan, that increases natural melatonin in the body. You might sleep a lot better....

Lately it's been 2-4 hours daily.. My T has been extremely reactive of late to anything so my T has been on overtime worth its million sounds and constant ear pain hitting me especially at night making it almost impossible to sleep.. need some sleep relief but no hard drugs

When my tinnitus was really bad only crickets could mask it and let me sleep.

Actually try 5-htp that can help you sleep. 5-HTP converts directly into serotonin in the brain and since serotonin has a role with sleep and depression it could be beneficial to you. Worth a shot if you ask me.

I find that I sleep better now that I have T. Prior to T I had a lot happening to be excited about so I never really slept more than 4-7hours per night, I was always itching to get up and go in the morning. I had so many things going through my mind at once, I found all my best ideas came to me laying in bed in the quiet, the excitement of what the future would bring kept me up for hours on end. These days it's just the T on my mind, I get bored and really tired of listening to the ringing, I seem to drift off quickly and sleep for 8-10 hours per night. I have never slept so much in my life. I wonder if this is rare?

I don't understand what keeps some people up at night when you can't do anything about the tinnitus. You are totally helpless to the noise, you might as well just give in and crash, get away from It for a while, take a break.

Maybe those with minor T don't sleep so well? The T becomes a shock at night as they don't hear it all day? I don't know, I really wonder what the difference is.

Geo I don't know do you currently work or you quit your job because of T. From your posts I can see you have it bad as my self. It was low for me many years after that got it mild and now is severe. I have decided not to leave my job because of T although walking all they like a shadow full of depression and anxiety.
I can not take any drugs even vitamins as i had very bad reaction from medicines 5 moths ago(two antibiotics my dentist priscribed) and i ended with phobia. Even if i take Strepsils for my throat is giving me a wired feeling and i am freaking it out.
What does help with sleeping is i am waking up very early in the morning 5:20 am and i have 12 hours day shift. Around 7:45 pm i am at home exhausted from work, T, anxiety and depression. At that point for me Geo, nothing matter the only think is i want to sleep i can take no more.
Geo, remember something you are not alone every time, every second when you have a hard time remember your friend from London going through exac same think.

Geo I don't know do you currently work or you quit your job because of T. From your posts I can see you have it bad as my self. It was low for me many years after that got it mild and now is severe. I have decided not to leave my job because of T although walking all they like a shadow full of depression and anxiety.
I can not take any drugs even vitamins as i had very bad reaction from medicines 5 moths ago(two antibiotics my dentist priscribed) and i ended with phobia. Even if i take Strepsils for my throat is giving me a wired feeling and i am freaking it out.
What does help with sleeping is i am waking up very early in the morning 5:20 am and i have 12 hours day shift. Around 7:45 pm i am at home exhausted from work, T, anxiety and depression. At that point for me Geo, nothing matter the only think is i want to sleep i can take no more.
Geo, remember something you are not alone every time, every second when you have a hard time remember your friend from London going through exac same think.
i wish i can go back to the mild days i still had a life...i wish it was just the noise and thats it.. i have very bad H and its very reactive to my T.. if i just hear a flick of a switch my ears start burning up,i get a headache and t shoots up high for days very bad ear pain.. my ears are very bad i cant even go outside without something setting them off fast..and plugs and muffs dont work on me like they use to..my condition is just worsening as weeks go by my ears are just failing on me..

i wish i can go back to the mild days i still had a life...i wish it was just the noise and thats it.. i have very bad H and its very reactive to my T.. if i just hear a flick of a switch my ears start burning up,i get a headache and t shoots up high for days very bad ear pain.. my ears are very bad i cant even go outside without something setting them off fast..and plugs and muffs dont work on me like they use to..my condition is just worsening as weeks go by my ears are just failing on me..

I understand your pain Geo I also have it bad.
Let me ask you something may be you had this question so many times if you don't want to answer is fine, but when your recent T and H started I mean when they worsened. As you said you got it mild before.
And also why don't you try some Keppra for H it does work for some people with H.

I understand your pain Geo I also have it bad.
Let me ask you something may be you had this question so many times if you don't want to answer is fine, but when your recent T and H started I mean when they worsened. As you said you got it mild before.
And also why don't you try some Keppra for H it does work for some people with H.
Ive had t for years and this is my second stint with H and can tell u this second time is a game changer.. And i was on keppra two weeks and was gettinf very bad ear pains at nigh not sure if it was related so im taking a week off to see if the pains subside if they do ill get back on it and if does it again its the keppra ..also my T nver stays the same its always getting worse i know this from experience of years with a couple of permanent spikes those years and now these spikes dont go back to baseline cant tell u why it doesnt..just here taking it all in

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now