Solution: Neck, Spine or Gut?

Fleegle

Author
Apr 7, 2017
Australia
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I wrote this before - but something happened to the post?

I have found that when I sleep (really sleep, not just lie down and pray) on my stomach, that the tinnitus goes away. This is something I can seem to control. Unfortunately this means my head propped on a pillow with my neck wrenched to the side - a most unnatural position. I have also reported before that if I sleep o my side with my head down off the pillow, this position can remove the tinnitus
And I have also had success with lying on my back, perfectly straight without any head turning for two hours. This has removed the tinnitus.

But I have also noticed some "settling" in the midriff area. Perhaps some untangling or untwisting that alleviates the tinnitus. I notice that when I burp and sort of hold it in, the tinnitus spikes for that brief moment before settling back to normal.

I don't know what is going on.

You might try massaging your scalene muscles. At times I thought that helped me some. Trying chiropractor now, was seeing positive results...then after sitting in the chair with my head way back with added tension to really stretch the neck. After that is has been loud for weeks now. Awaiting for it to lower to a manageable volume level. Sleeping on stomach would do the same, but put rest of spine in misalignment for sure.

I have found that when I sleep (really sleep, not just lie down and pray) on my stomach, that the tinnitus goes away. This is something I can seem to control. Unfortunately this means my head propped on a pillow with my neck wrenched to the side - a most unnatural position. I have also reported before that if I sleep o my side with my head down off the pillow, this position can remove the tinnitus
And I have also had success with lying on my back, perfectly straight without any head turning for two hours. This has removed the tinnitus.

Same here, the only difference is that for me it doesn't really matter which position I sleep. When I wake up in the morning, my T is down to minimum or sometimes zero, like today, I couldn't hear it at all, despite trying very hard. It's only when I start moving around, it develops slowly. I tried to massage neck but doesn't make much difference. But I also do some yoga almost every day and it doesn't seem to reduce the volume of my T, it's only when I lie down or sit, and stay in this position for some minutes, I'm able to weaken my T. My GP told me there seems to be a fluid behind my eardrum, maybe when I move around I mess it up and that's what causes my T. I have no idea. Still waiting for my ENT appointment.

My T is usually ON when I wake up and sometimes I can switch it OFF by going through my morning hygiene ritual.
When it is off, sometimes it can stay OFF for days. But no guarantee. One day OFF is a blessing.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now