meeruf

Author
Benefactor
Sep 9, 2013
Norway
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Diving
Just woke up now, 05.00am. My right ear feel pretty sore and itchy. Especially when I equalize by holding my nose. It's the same feeling as when you scratch off the crust on bruises. This sharp pain. When I stop equalize the pain goes away immediately, but it's a little sore all the time.

I have a 12 hour flight to Bangkok in 7 hours. I can't back out now, can I? Have been waiting for this trip for 3 months. My first real vacation after I damaged my ears 2 years ago. I'm not full in my ear, and equalizing works just fine, except its painful. Should be no problem fly, should it? :sour:

Just woke up now, 05.00am. My right ear feel pretty sore and itchy. Especially when I equalize by holding my nose. It's the same feeling as when you scratch off the crust on bruises. This sharp pain. When I stop equalize the pain goes away immediately, but it's a little sore all the time.

I have a 12 hour flight to Bangkok in 7 hours. I can't back out now, can I? Have been waiting for this trip for 3 months. My first real vacation after I damaged my ears 2 years ago. I'm not full in my ear, and equalizing works just fine, except its painful. Should be no problem fly, should it? :sour:
No as long as you're not sick with a sinus infection you should be ok! But trust your body. Good luck my friend.

You may have a ear infection brewing .
Try pop the chemist as do a ear drop or spray for ear infections and should help...lots of love glynis

Just want to say that I'm now in Bangkok. No problem with ears flying. The new Dreamliner was amazing. Higher pressure inside cabin. To be honest, I did not notice any pressure change. :) Older airplanes have 2400m pressure, the dreamliner had 1800m pressure, that really made a different. :)

Just want to say that I'm now in Bangkok. No problem with ears flying. The new Dreamliner was amazing. Higher pressure inside cabin. To be honest, I did not notice any pressure change. :) Older airplanes have 2400m pressure, the dreamliner had 1800m pressure, that really made a different. :)
Dream liner ... What an aircraft !

Love the Dreamliner.

Got a 12 hour flight to Tokyo in a few weeks. Did you use ear plugs? I'm worried a bit. Glad to hear your flight went well and have a great vacation.

The plane I'm flying in is a Boeing 777.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now