• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Sound Pharmaceuticals (SPI-5557 & SPI-1005)

Most of us here have lost our lives because of this damn disease. We need HOPE at least for our mental health.
I have hope. Read my thoughts on the middle ear implants and, to a lesser extent, Auricle. I have hope because there is some evidence they could be effective.

I can't just walk around in blissful ignorance, hoping.

I would also like Derby County to win the FA Cup next year. I'm not very hopeful, though.

With all respect, personally, and even though your opinion might be rational, I think we should stop spreading negativity on Tinnitus Talk.

Even the sponsor of this drug (if I understood it correctly) said that it might help noise-induced tinnitus. So maybe it will work for chronic noise-induced tinnitus as well; we don't know. Let us hope.

Most of us here have lost our lives because of this damn disease. We need HOPE at least for our mental health.
I think @Nick47 is one of the least pessimistic or negative people on Tinnitus Talk. He probably posts the most research-related materials compared to other users on this board. He is very hopeful that something will be figured out. I think he tries to stay cautious and rational regarding different treatments.

Now, for me, I like it when anything is tried for tinnitus. At least when something is tried, we will know whether it works. I honestly would not be surprised if a treatment is found that people were initially doubtful about.

I think @Nick47 is one of the least pessimistic or negative people on Tinnitus Talk. He probably posts the most research-related materials compared to other users on this board. He is very hopeful that something will be figured out. I think he tries to stay cautious and rational regarding different treatments.

Now, for me, I like it when anything is tried for tinnitus. At least when something is tried, we will know whether it works. I honestly would not be surprised if a treatment is found that people were initially doubtful about.
You're spot on, Gumbo. Research and experiments are inherently optimistic, simply by existing and being put into action. What really excites me is when concepts evolve or expand in some way. For example, the discovery paper on hidden hearing loss and its influence, or Susan Shore's shifting focus to the brain rather than just the inner ear. That's not to discount the research on the inner ear—after all, it could involve both the brain and the inner ear for all we know.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now