South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by vaka, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Artemis2K -- There are a lot of "warnings" published in mainstream media about the toxicity of taking too much Vitamin D. Most of it is overhyped. Any toxicity from high levels of Vitamin D intake is almost entirely offset or ameliorated by taking plenty of Vitamin K2.

Many Vitamin D supplements are now sold with Vitamin K2. I used to take 5,000 IUs of Vitamin D daily. I then went up to 10,000 IUs. I'm now taking 15,000 IUs with additional Vitamin K2. It seems like a prudent amount, not only for living in a time of COVID-19, but for better overall general health.

Similarly to Vitamin C, the body can use (and needs) extra Vitamin D during illness. During illness, a person can apparently take as much as 100,000 IUs daily without haven't to worry about it being too much.
      Hi @SarahMLFlemmer -- I don't know if you've checked on prices lately, but you can get some Methylene Blue pretty inexpensively by buying the powder in 1 gram packets and add to 100 ml filtered water. Can be as little as $10 for 100 ml. You have to shop around a bit however, as there are wild fluctuations in prices, with an average amount being about $25-30 per ounce (28 ml). Making it yourself is about a 90% or so less.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Am I understanding this right? 1% Methylene Blue Solution is a dye? And it's meant to help with hearing loss/tinnitus?

3. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      As far as I know, it was repurposed as a dye, much like a lot of things.

4. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Cheers, so people put drops into their ears presumably?

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @James Connelly -- I've been doing a fair amount of research on Methylene Blue (MB) recently, and have never run across anybody putting it directly into the ears. From what I've been able to gather however, I doubt that it would be harmful, especially if used in very small concentrations.
      I've not heard of MB used specifically to address hearing loss or tinnitus. But since it is antimicrobial, very supportive of mitochondria, and is especially noted for being supportive of the brain and neurological system, I can see the potential for some people to notice some improvements in their tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1