• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Sudden Ear Fullness and Louder Ringing. I'm So Scared. What Is This?

Komodo

Author
Aug 14, 2017
Tinnitus Since
08/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud Music/Stress
I was sitting on a bench in a park minding my own business, my tinnitus was as usual like I couldn't hear it cause it's really low in sound.

Then suddenly my left ear feels full and I hear ringing in it... I'm so scared. What is it. Can somebody tell me?!

I was sitting a bench in park minding my own bussiness my tinnitus was as usual like I couldn't hear it cause it's really low in sound when suddenly my left ear feels full and i hear ringing in it...I'm so scared what is it can somebody tell me ?!

HI @Komodo,

Do you listen to music through headphones or go to places where loud music is played? If so this could have caused the tinnitus. If yes to any of these questions then I advise you not to listen to music through headphones, even at low volume, and keep away from places where loud music is played.
Please click on my Avatar and choose: Started threads. In the list click on my article titled: Tinntus, A Personal View. It is quite long. Try to read it in full and not skim through it.

I would like to know if you listen to musich through headphones or attend clubs, concerts etc.
All the best
Michael

No I stopped listening to music through headphones after I noticed my tinnitus weeks ago...It just suddenly happened and I don't know what to do

I was sitting a bench in park minding my own bussiness my tinnitus was as usual like I couldn't hear it cause it's really low in sound when suddenly my left ear feels full and i hear ringing in it...I'm so scared what is it can somebody tell me ?!

An ENT would have better answers than this board. Possibly see one and they can asses your situation...

Then suddenly my left ear feels full and I hear ringing in it... I'm so scared. What is it. Can somebody tell me?!

This happens to me when my sinus acts up. I take a claritin and it helps dry up the fluid which causes that fullness feeling and increases the noise in the brain.

When this first happens it is scary!! I remember that.

The ringing has got down since than...But is hard to explain my situation cause I think that I don't have tinnitus and is just my imagination and if Ido have it is so weird it's not buzzing ringing hissing is kind of electrical...

If it came on suddenly with ear fullness and lasted a few seconds/minutes, it was probably fleeting tinnitus; which is normal. Even people without tinnitus experience it at times. It tends to start off really loud and then fade away again.

The ringing has got down since than...But is hard to explain my situation cause I think that I don't have tinnitus and is just my imagination and if Ido have it is so weird it's not buzzing ringing hissing is kind of electrical...
Do you have "head tinnitus"? This is when you don't hear it in your ears, but you still perceive hearing a sound in your head.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now