• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

The Alpha-Stim — Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation for Tinnitus

@IntotheBlue03, bummer. What about trying them over the C2 to stimulate the DCN?

@Lane, I think I heard about possible nausea from using too high a current. @IntotheBlue03, did you start off low?
I hadn't honestly considered using it for tinnitus but I'm waiting for Alpha-Stim to get back to me to confirm whatever protocol there is for that.

I'll have the underside of my head shaved next week for the TENS unit treatment and will keep you posted. :)

A recent study using transcutaneous electrical stimulation + sound. Small group in Korea.
This study demonstrated that TTES combined with NST reduced symptoms in patients with chronic tinnitus, alleviated depression, and improved sleep quality. As these therapeutic effects may improve the quality of life of patients with chronic tinnitus, further research should be conducted.
Effects of Transcutaneous Trigeminal Electrical Stimulation and Sound Therapy in Patients with Tinnitus

A recent study using transcutaneous electrical stimulation + sound. Small group in Korea.

Effects of Transcutaneous Trigeminal Electrical Stimulation and Sound Therapy in Patients with Tinnitus
Seems so crazy. A cited limitation was challenges finding people to take part in the study, and people simply pulling out, meaning the sample size was very small.

And they say it's one of the most common conditions worldwide. Crazy.

I did glance through but did I notice right that the subjects' loudness component in tinnitus actually increased?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now