The Audiology Student and Her Series of Unfortunate Events (Acoustic Trauma)

Update on my own previous post. On the 5th day my previous fluctuating tone changed into a constant tone and has been like that since, apart from in early mornings. Feeling a bit sad and disappointed about that. But trying to keep my head up and think that eventually I will habituate to this new sound too... At least happy about my hyperacusis and ear pain being finally gone.

On the 5th day my previous fluctuating tone changed into a constant tone and has been like that since, apart from in early mornings. Feeling a bit sad and disappointed about that. But trying to keep my head up and think that eventually I will habituate to this new sound too... At least happy about my hyperacusis and ear pain being finally gone.
I think this is good! I'm not sure if there is an objective preference between something that fluctuates and something that remains constant, but I've read many times that change can indicate progress. I would imagine habituation comes much more smoothly when there's less variability.

The brightest spot is the lack of hyperacusis and ear pain. Hopefully, things will only get better for you from here! (y)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now